Shady is an unincorporated community in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. It is about two miles south of Roseburg on a stretch of Oregon Route 99 also known as the Oakland-Shady Highway. Shady is outside Roseburg's urban growth boundary, but it does have sewer service. Because of sewer availability, Douglas County considers Shady an "urban unincorporated area". It is next to the South Umpqua River.
- "Shady". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 53. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- "Douglas County Transportation System Plan" (PDF). November 1998. p. 218. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Agenda". Douglas County Board of Commissioners. November 23, 2005. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- Harrison, Ken (October 1, 1994). "Southern Pacific Station Names". Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "Shady Point". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. May 1, 1994. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- January 30, 1897 New York Times story about a train robbery at Shady Point
|This Douglas County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|