From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up shan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Shan may refer to:
- The Shan people, Southeast Asian ethnic group inhabiting Myanmar
- The Shan language
- Dai people, also known as Shan, ethnic group in China
- Shanrong (山戎), term for "mountain barbarian" in Shanxi, Hubei in northern China
- Shan (surname), or 单 in Chinese, a Chinese surname
- Shan, a variant of the Welsh given name usually spelt Siân
- Darren Shan, children's author
- MC Shan, rapper
- Liu Shan, second emperor of Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms period.
- Fu Buqi (宓不齊; Fu Pu-ch'i; born 521BC) who was accorded the title 'Count of Shan'
- Shan State of Burma
- Shaanxi, abbreviated as Shan (陕), province of the People's Republic of China
- Shan Hills, a region of Burma, China, and Thailand
- Shan County, Shandong (单县), county in Heze, Shandong, China
- Shan County, Henan (陕县), now Shanzhou District of Sanmenxia city, a county in Sanmenxia, Henan, China
- Shantou, or Shan (汕), a city in Guangdong, China
- Shan (剡), river name in Zhejiang Province of PRC
- Shan (鄯), name for a region in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
- Shan (鄯), the name of ancient Western Regions (西域)
- 山, shan, Chinese for "mountains" or "mountain range"
- Mount Shani or Gora Shan, a mountain in the Caucasus
- Shan Foods, a brand of Pakistani cuisine spice mixes
- Insect from Shaggai, or Shan, a fictional alien race in the writings of Ramsey Campbell
- Xiao (mythology), several creatures from Chinese mythology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.