|Born||15 May 1996|
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Shannon-Ogbnai Abeda (born 15 May 1996) is an Eritrean-Canadian alpine skier competing for Eritrea. Abeda competed for Eritrea at the 2018 Winter Olympics in the alpine skiing events. Abeda became the first athlete to compete for Eritrea at the Winter Olympics. Abeda's parents fled the Eritrean War of Independence in the 1980s and emigrated to Canada. Abeda also represented the country at the inaugural Winter Youth Olympics in 2012 in Innsbruck, Austria.
- Rieger, Sarah (28 December 2017). "Calgary skier headed to Winter Olympics... but not with Team Canada". CBC News. Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Phillips, Curtis J. (3 January 2018). "McMurray-born skiier first to represent Eritrea at Winter Olympics". Fort McMurray Today. Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- FIS Biography
- "Alpine Skiing Quota List for Olympic Games 2018". www.data.fis-ski.com/. International Ski Federation (FIS). 5 December 2017. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Clarke, Wendy-Ann (21 December 2017). "Eritrea's first Winter Olympian is from Alberta". www.cbc.ca/sports/. CBC Sports. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Shannon Abeda Vying to Represent Eritrea at the 2018 Winter Games". TesfaNews. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|