This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pt. Shekhar Dixit
|Born||20 January 1984|
Lucknow Uttar Pradesh
Pt.Shekhar Dixit is a farmers leader and President of Rashtriya Kisan Manch. He is the former president of Kisan Manch Uttar Pradesh, youth general seceratary Jan Morcha, State president Jantantra Morcha Uttar Pradesh '.
From the age of 17 Dixit began raising awareness of environmental problems and started to bring the forest tribal issues into mainstream debate. In 2002 he visited villages in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh and Seemanchal of Bihar. along with the then central minister Alauddin Khan. Akhil Bhartiya Brahman Sabha honoured Dixit in 2004 for his concern on environmental and social matters. He was also appointed as president of Akhil Bhartiya Brahman Sabha Uttar Pradesh.
In 2005 Dixit joined the Kisan Manch at the suggestion of former prime minister and patron of Kisan Manch Vishwanath Pratap Singh. While holding the post of president of Kisan Manch, New Delhi Unit, he worked for the betterment of the slum dwellers in New Delhi. In 2006 he fought vigorously against the acquisition of farming land in Dadri Andolan and for the rights of farmers.
In 2008 he was appointed as Uttar Pradesh state president of Rashtriya Kisan Manch, before establishing Kisan Manch in 2010, increasing membership to over 350, 000.
From 2015, under the leadership of Dixit , Kisan Manch Uttar Pradesh launched a campaign against the laxity of government machinery towards the plight of farmers in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Since then Kisan manch has been doing all sort of activities to support farmers in drought hit area of Uttar Pradesh. In 2016 he worked to prepare the political ground in Uttar Pradesh for Chief Minister of Bihar and JDU Leader Shri Nitish Kumar.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shekhar Dixit.|
- Arunav Sinha (3 April 2016). "Kisan Manch urges farmers to unite, speak in one voice". The Times of India.
- India, Press Trust of (20 April 2018). "Farmer bodies to meet, draw up common plan" – via Business Standard.
- "Anna plans mass rally in Unnao to woo farmers".
- "Kisan Manch highlights plight of farmers in UP". The Times of India.
- "Kisan Manch accuses SP of overlooking farmers' interest". The Times of India.
- "Kisan Manch launches fund to help distressed farmers". The Times of India.
- "Ajit singh and Nitish Kumar will announced new party on Navratri". www.patrika.com.