Shimo-Imaichi Station entrance in October 2008
|Location||1110 Imaichi, Nikkō-shi, Tochigi-ken 321-1261
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Distance||87.4 km from Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||7 July 1929|
|Passengers (FY2014)||2,420 daily|
Shimo-Imaichi Station (下今市駅 Shimo-Imaichi-eki?) is a railway station on the Tobu Nikko Line in Nikkō, Tochigi, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway. The station is numbered "TN-23".
Shimo-Imaichi Station is served by the 94.5 km Tobu Nikko Line, and also forms a terminal station of the 16.2 km Tobu Kinugawa Line to Shin-Fujiwara. It is 87.4 km from the starting point of the Tobu Nikko Line at Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen.
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks, connected to the station entrance by a footbridge.
|1||■ Tobu Nikko Line||for Tōbu-Nikkō|
|2||■ Tobu Kinugawa Line||for Kinugawa-Onsen|
|3, 4||■ Tobu Nikko Line||for Shin-Tochigi and Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen|
|Tobu Nikko Line|
|Tobu Kinugawa Line|
Shimo-Imaichi Station opened on 7 July 1929.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on all Tobu lines, with Shimo-Imaichi Station becoming "TN-23".
A turntable is scheduled to be installed next to the station during 2016 for turning the steam locomotive to be used on steam-hauled tourist trains operating between Shimo-Imaichi and Kinugawa-Onsen from summer 2017. The turntable is to be acquired from the JR West Nagatoshi Station in Yamaguchi Prefecture. A two-stall engine shed to house the steam loco is also to be constructed adjacent to it. The station is planned to be renovated to architecturally resemble a Japanese railway station from the Showa era.
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 2,420 passengers daily.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 223. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- 蒸気機関車（ＳＬ）復活運転の車両・施設計画概要について [Details of rolling stock and facilities planned for steam locomotive operation] (pdf). News release (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shimo-Imaichi Station.|
- Shimo-Imaichi Station information (Japanese)