This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ward of Kyoto
Location of Shimogyō-ku in Kyoto
|• Total||6.78 km2 (2.62 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||20 m (70 ft)|
(October 1, 2015)
| • Estimate |
|• Density||12,000/km2 (32,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Japan Standard Time)|
Shimogyō-ku (下京区) is one of the eleven wards in the city of Kyoto, in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. First established in 1879, it has been merged and split, and took on its present boundaries in 1955, with the establishment of a separate Minami-ku.
Kyoto Tower and Kyoto Station are major landmarks in Shimogyō-ku. Shijō Street on the northern edge of the area, especially around the Shijō Kawaramachi intersection, is the busiest shopping district in the city. Kyoto Station has an extensive shopping center, including a department store in the station building, and the underground Porta mall.
- Takara Holdings, a company mainly involved in the production of beverages and medical supplies
- Tose, a video game and mobile game development company
- Bank of Kyoto, a Japanese bank based in Kyoto.
- "Basic Corporate Information." Omron. Retrieved on December 3, 2016.
- "TAKARA HOLDINGS INC.". Takara Holdings. Retrieved on December 3, 2016.
- "Corporate Profile". TOSE CO., LTD. Retrieved on December 3, 2016.
- "Annual Report Archived 2015-01-28 at the Wayback Machine". Bank of Kyoto, Ltd. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- Home. Lycée français international de Kyoto. Retrieved on 28 October 2017 "Lycée français international de Kyoto 411 Motoshinmeicho Tominokojidôri Gojo agaru Shimogyô-ku Kyoto 〒600-8065 "
Media related to Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)
|This Kyoto Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|