Shizuka Yokomizo (横溝 静, born 1966 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese photographer and currently based in London. Yokomizo began her college career studying philosophy at Chuo University before earning her Bachelor of Fine Arts in photography at London's Chelsea College of Arts. She received her Master of Fine Arts degree at Goldsmiths, University of London. For her "Dear Stranger" series, Yokomizo sent subjects an anonymous letter proposing that they stand in front of a window in their home at a specified date and time so she can photograph them. If they choose to participate, Yokomizo set up a tripod and camera outside their home to photograph them. The pictures show various people posing warily.
- "Shizuka Yokomizo". WAKO WORKS OF ART. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- Higgins, Jackie (2014). The World Atlas of Street Photography. New Haven: Yale University Press. p. 135. ISBN 0300207166.
- "When it comes to art, individuality rises above nationality | The Japan Times". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Museum of Contemporary Photography". www.mocp.org. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- Kimmelman, Michael (September 19, 2003). "The Gaze Turns Outward and Sees Estrangement". The New York Times.