Shot Tower–Market Place station
|Baltimore Metro Subway station|
The east entrance to the Shot Tower Baltimore Metro Subway station.
|Location||Baltimore and South President Streets
|Owned by||Maryland Transit Administration|
|Connections||MTA Maryland Buses|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike Share Stop #7 (12 docks)|
Shot Tower–Market Place station is a Baltimore Metro Subway station in Baltimore, Maryland. It is in the central part of the city, in close proximity to many well-known landmarks, including the Shot Tower for which it is named, Port Discovery, Power Plant Live!, the Harbor campus of Baltimore City Community College, the National Aquarium, the Flag House, and Little Italy. The station has two street-level entrances, but unlike other Baltimore Metro stations that do, both these entrances share a common gate inside the station. The Shot Tower/Market Place station is one of two stops in the third phase of the Baltimore Metro, having opened in 1995.
Four display cases of artifacts found when digging during the construction of the station may be seen on the west side of the upper level of the station, on the street side of the pay gates.
|← Westbound toward Owings Mills. Next stop: Charles Center|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound toward Johns Hopkins Hospital. Next stop: Johns Hopkins Hospital →|
Maryland MTA Bus Connections
- 7 to Mondawmin Metro Subway Station (WB)/ Canton (EB)
- 10 to Catonsville or Paradise (WB)/ Dundalk (EB)
- 11 to Towson (NB)/ Canton (SB)
- 20 to Security Square Mall or CMS (WB)/ C.C.B.C Dundalk (EB)
- 23 to Catonsville or Wildwood (WB)/ Fox Ridge (EB)
- 40 (QuickBus) to CMS (WB)/ Middle River (EB)
- Charm City Circulator Green Route via City Hall (SB); Johns Hopkins Hospital (NB)
- Charm City Circulator Orange Route via Hollins Market (WB); Broadway Market (EB)
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|