Shout It Out (Patrice Rushen album)
|Shout It Out|
|Studio album by Patrice Rushen|
|Patrice Rushen chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Shout It Out was the third album released by singer Patrice Rushen. This album was the last album Patrice released with Prestige Records before signing with Elektra Records. In this album Rushen gives her audience a pleasurable collection of songs ranging from jazz, funk and fusion to R&B. This album was a clear hint to where her career was going in terms of style. She would follow a stronger R&B sound with her later albums after signing with Elektra Records label.
Her next album would be the self-titled Patrice.
All tracks composed by Patrice Rushen; except where indicated
- "The Hump" (Darryl Cox, Patrice Rushen)
- "Shout It Out"
- "Stepping Stones" (Charles Mims)
- "Let Your Heart Be Free" (Angela Rushen, Patrice Rushen)
- "Roll With the Punches"
- "Let There Be Funk" (Darryl Cox, Patrice Rushen)
- "Yolon" (Reggie Andrews)
- Patrice Rushen - vocals, keyboards
- Al McKay - guitar
- Charles Meeks - bass
- James Gadson - drums
- Bill Summers - percussion
- Larry Nash, Reggie Andrews - synthesizer
- Charles Mims (tracks: 1, 3, 5), Danny Vicari (tracks: 1, 3, 5), Nate Alford (tracks: 1, 3, 5) - trumpet
- Tom Scott - saxophone, lyricon
- Charles Meeks (tracks: 1 to 3, 8), Maxine Waters (tracks: 2, 3), Roy Galloway (tracks: 2, 3, 8) - background vocals