|Died||June 23, 2015 (aged 78)|
|Occupation||Illustrator, Graphic Designer|
|Children||Masashi Nagaoka, Neal Nagaoka|
Shusei Nagaoka (長岡秀星 Nagaoka Shūsei, November 26, 1936 – June 23, 2015) was a Japanese illustrator. He is best known for his music album cover art in the 1970s and 1980s. Artists for whom he illustrated covers include Electric Light Orchestra, Earth, Wind & Fire, Deep Purple, Space, Maze, George Clinton, Kitaro, Rose Royce, Caldera, and Pure Prairie League. His early works has included in helping designing of the 1970 Osaka Expo and has been selected as one of the 200 years of American Illustration. He has received several awards, platinum and gold albums, several magazine articles, interviews and has been televised for his artwork. He has also released several books for his artwork and had one of the first artwork launched into outer space and orbited via Russian Mir Space Station in 1991. Some of the other companies, and people he has worked with in the past includes: NHK Television, TBS Japan, National Geographic, Playboy Magazine, Hustler Magazine, Penthouse Magazine, Shigeo Nagashima and Sadaharu Oh to name a few.
- Spitfire - Jefferson Starship, 1976
- All 'N All - Earth, Wind & Fire, 1977
- Sunbear, Sunbear, Soul Train Records, 1977
- Deliverance - Space, 1977 (US edition)
- The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire, Vol. 1 - Earth, Wind & Fire, 1978
- Out of the Blue - Electric Light Orchestra, 1977
- Just Blue - Space, 1978
- When We Rock, We Rock, and When We Roll, We Roll - Deep Purple, 1978
- Can't Hold Back - Pure Prairie League, 1979
- I am - Earth, Wind & Fire, 1979
- DAZZ- Kinsman Dazz, 1980
- Raise! - Earth, Wind & Fire, 1981
- Pleasure Principle - Parlet, 1978
- New Horizons - The Sylvers, 1977
- "イラストレーター長岡秀星さん死去" (in Japanese). Yomiuri Shimbun. June 26, 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Nagaoka, illustrator for Earth, Wind & Fire, other bands, dies at 78". The Japan Times.
- Official website
- Shusei Nagaoka at AllMusic
- Entry in the Encyclopedia of Science Fiction
|This Japanese artist–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|