This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Sian Louise Welby
3 September 1986
|Residence||Wandsworth, London, England|
|Occupation||TV presenter, columnist, Radio presenter|
Channel 4 (current)
Channel 5 (current)
Sky Sports (former)
EA Games (former)
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
5 News (2010—)
The Health Lottery (2011—)
Cycling: Revolution Series (2012—)
Sian Welby (born 3 September 1986) is an English television and radio presenter, best known for her work with Channel 5, BBC, ITV and Channel 4, and her comedy weather forecasts which have gained tens of millions of views around the world. Most recently Sian was challenged to a pun battle with Greg James on BBC Radio 1.
Sian Welby is from Upton, a small village in Nottinghamshire, England. She attended Minster School, Southwell. She began presenting at 19, and she was still working part-time as a shop assistant for New Look when a starring role in an advert for New! Magazine, led to her being spotted by former Channel 5 owner Richard Desmond in October 2010. She was unveiled as the new face of Channel 5 News in November.
Welby has been the face of Channel 5 Weather since November 2010 and The Health Lottery since 2013. She also presents Formula E's flagship global TV show, Street Racers, on Channel 5. She presents The Health Lottery draws every Tuesday to Saturday on Channel 5.
In 2016, she hosted the BRIT Awards live on Twitter, went backstage at Sports Personality of the Year for BBC One and recently launched the BBC's Snapchat channel as host and creative lead.
Welby hosted the Revolution cycling show series for Channel 4, alongside co-worker from 5 News, newscaster Matt Barbet. She presented her first documentary, 'Sarah Storey’s Longest Hour’ on Channel 4 in 2015. Previously she has presented cycling shows for BT Sport, Eurosport and ITV4 and is the female face of Electronic Arts.
Since 2015, Welby has written a column for OK! Magazine called Wellbeing with Welby.
- "TV's Sian recognised for Wandsworth charity work". Wandsworth Council. Retrieved 8 February 2016.
- Channel 5 weather presenter Sian Welby on beauty tips and plastic surgery | Style | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
- 5 News - Channel 5
- Rosenbaum, Sophia; Golding, Bruce (2017-01-09). "Giants blamed for trashing airplane after playoff blowout". New York Post. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- BBC Radio 1 - Greg James, Weather puns with Sian Welby
- "TV host Sian Welby joins Heart for evenings | RadioToday". radiotoday.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- Sunny outlook for Channel 5's new weathergirl, The Sunday Express, 31 October 2010.
- TV girl looks to the future, Newark Advertiser, 7 January 2012.
- "Aurora and Little Dot are on air for Formula E season : SVG Europe". www.svgeurope.org. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- Presenter Sian Welby left stunned after measuring up cyclist Robert Förstemann's freaky 28 inch thighs | Daily Mail Online
- An Interview With Sian Welby | Boots, Shoes & Fashion