|Location||San Bernardino County, California|
|Primary inflows||California Aqueduct and West Fork Mojave River, East Fork of West Fork Mojave River and Sawpit Canyon Creek|
|Primary outflows||West Fork Mojave River|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Water volume||73,000 acre feet (90×106 m3)|
|Surface elevation||1,023 m (3,356 ft)|
Silverwood Lake is a large reservoir in San Bernardino County, California, United States, located on the West Fork Mojave River, a tributary of the Mojave River in the San Bernardino Mountains. It was created in 1971 as part of the State Water Project by the construction of the Cedar Springs Dam as a forebay on the 444-mile (715 km) long California Aqueduct (consequently inundating the former town of Cedar Springs), and has a capacity of 73,000 acre feet (90,000,000 m3).
Silverwood Lake is located on the East Branch of the California Aqueduct. It is operated by the California Department of Water Resources and provides a major water source for agencies serving nearby San Bernardino Mountain and Mojave Desert areas. Some 2,400 acres (9.7 km2) of recreation land surround the lake.
At an elevation of 3,355 feet (1,023 m), Silverwood Lake is the highest reservoir in the State Water Project.
Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area
The Pacific Crest Trail, "the jewel in the crown of America's scenic trails" spanning 2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada through three western states, passes through the Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area, with trailheads for short or long hikes.
- List of dams and reservoirs in California
- List of lakes in California
- Category: San Bernardino Mountains
- Category: Geography of San Bernardino County, California
- "Reservoir Information". California Department of Water Resources, Division of Flood Management. 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "State Water Project Recreation Sites: Silverwood Lake". California Department of Water Resources, Public Affairs. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- "California State Parks: Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area". California Department of Water Resources, Public Affairs. Retrieved 2007-01-26.
- http://www.pcta.org/ . accessed 6/20/2010
- http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/swamp/docs/lakes_study/lakes_report_y1.pdf/ . accessed 10/12/12
- http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=6835430/ . accessed 10/12/12
- http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/lake-19759-levels-fish.html/ . accessed 10/12/12