Lyndon played Jimmy Loughlin in Chopper with Eric Bana, for which he won an AFI award for Best Supporting Actor and a Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for best supporting actor. He received AFI nominations for Best Supporting Actor for Blackrock (as "Ricko") and Best actor in a telefeature or mini-series for his role in My Brother Jack. Other films include Fresh Air, Sample People, The Thin Red Line, From the Outside Caught Inside, Falling into Paradise, The Glenmore Job The Well and Dust off the Wings He has appeared on stage That Eye the Sky, Blackrock, Cloudstreet and Popcorn. His TV appearances include Police Rescue, Heartbreak High, Wildside, Underbelly Canal Road and Spirited 2 [Foxtel]. He has directed Tamarama Rock Surfers production of "Road" featuring among others Bojana Novakovic, Jeremy Cumpston, Zena Cumpston and Angie Milliken and Tamarama Rock Surfers production of " Diary of a Madman" starring Alan Morris. Simon also appeared in FOX network show Roar in 1997 as a tribe leader named Colm. The lead role Connor Der Kilte was played by fellow Australian and Blackrock co-star Heath Ledger.
In 2011 he played a younger Jack Thompson in "Paper Giants – The Birth of Cleo Magazine", on ABC 1. He played the miner who died, Larry Knight, in the TV film "Beaconsfield" about the mine disaster.
Also in 2011 Simon appeared in Spirited in the second series, on Foxtel, playing a ghost known as "The King" or Darren Bonney, who lives in an apartment with a dentist [Claudia Karvan} who is in love with another ghost resident. Simon appeared in TV series "Puberty Blues" as a surfing teacher called Gumby in 2012. In 2013 he was in a four-person play called "Anaconda " by Sarah Doyle, with Tamarama Rock Surfers at Bondi Pavilion.
- Schembri, Jim (15 October 1997), "Three in the Picture For Film Awards", The Age
- Barber, Lynden (12 February 2001), "Chopper saga cleans up", The Australian
- Atkins, Alice (27 October 2001), "Film award focuses on some of us – AFI awards", The West Australian
- Caccetta, Wendy (5 August 1999), "Good Roles Can Be Murder", The West Australian
- McNary, Dave (2 February 2011), "SXSW unveils complete pic lineup; Features slate consists of 130 films", Daily Variety
- Young, Deborah (1 March 2005), "Falling into Paradise review", Daily Variety
- "THE LOCAL GOSS Hunt for witches", Geelong News, 14 September 2005
- Brown, Pam (2 May 1997), "Grim View of Mateship", The West Australian.
- Byrne, Fiona (7 October 2007), "Italian stallion ready for race", Sunday Herald Sun
- "PREVIEWS – WEDNESDAY AUGUST 2", Daily Telegraph, 20 August 2008
- "news flash", The West Australian, 3 February 2011
|This article about an Australian film actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|