Sir George Warrender, 4th Baronet
Sir George Warrender of Lochend, 4th Baronet, PC, FRS, FRSE (5 December 1782 – 21 February 1849) was a Scottish politician. In 1799, he succeeded to his father's baronetcy. Due to his lifestyle, he was nicknamed Sir Gorge Provender.
Born in Dunbar, he was the son of Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Patrick Warrender, 3rd Baronet and H. Blair. Warrender was educated at Christ Church, Oxford, where he matriculated in 1799 and at Trinity College, Cambridge, where he graduated with an MA in 1811. He served in the Berwickshire militia, reaching the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.
Warrender was Member of Parliament (MP) for Haddington Burghs from 1807 to 1812 and for Truro from 1812 to 1818. He was further Member of Parliament for Sandwich from 1818 to 1826, for Westbury from 1826 to 1830, as well as for Honiton from 1830 to 1832.
Between 1812 and 1822, Warrender was Lord of the Admiralty and between 1822 and 1828, Commissioner of the Board of Control. On 4 February 1822, he was sworn of the Privy Council. Warrender was also a Fellow of the Royal Society.
He died in Upper Berkeley Street in London and was succeeded by his younger brother John Warrender.
- "Warrender, Sir George, Bart (WRNR811G)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times Friday, 25 November 1836; pg. 3; Issue 16270; col B and The Times Monday 1 January 1838; p.1; Issue 16614; col E: Sir George And Lady Warrender.
- "Microsoft Word - oldfells_list_jun06.doc" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- "Edinburgh Post Office annual directory, 1832-1833". National Library of Scotland. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "thePeerage". Retrieved 15 March 2007.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Sir George Warrender
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|