|Directed by||C. V. Rajendran|
|Produced by||N. Kanagasabai|
|Written by||A. L. Narayanan|
|Story by||Sachin Bhowmick|
A. V. M. Rajan
S. V. Ranga Rao
S. V. Sahasranamam
V. S. Raghavan
R. S. Manohar
M. N. Rajam
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||B. Kandaswamy|
|Distributed by||Jayanthi Films|
|26 January 1974|
Sivagamiyin Selvan (English: Sivakami's son) is a 1974 Indian Tamil-language film, starring Sivaji Ganesan, Vanisri and Latha. It was a remake of the Hindi film Aradhana, starring Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore (which itself was based on the 1946 movie To Each His Own) and its remake, the Telugu film Kannavari Kalalu. Vanisri starred in the Telugu version too.
Pilot Ashok (Sivaji Ganesan) is in love with Sivakami (Vanisri). They have an affair and Sivakami becomes pregnant. Ashok dies in a plane crash. Sivakami tells her father about her pregnancy. But soon he dies too. Sivakami is now on her own with her newborn child, whom she gives to a rich family to look after. She works there as a servant and she tells the rich person about her past. She emphasizes that this must not be told to his wife, who is fond of the child. He promises her that he wouldn't. Meanwhile, the wife's brother (R. S. Manohar) sees Sivakami and wants to marry her. When she rejects his proposal, he tries to rape her. Her son kills him with a knife. The child runs away leaving Sivakami with the knife. Sivakami goes to prison as she confesses to the murder. She is released twenty years later. Meanwhile, the rich man's wife finds out about Sivakami's history from her husband. She is shocked and wants her to be immediately released from prison. Sivakami returns to their home. A girl living there, Nalini (Latha) sees Sivakami. They get along well. She takes Sivakami to the airport to meet her fiancé who turns out to be Sivakami's son. However he doesn't recognise her as he was much younger when he saw her last time. One day he finds a diary and sees pictures of his father, his mother and himself with his mother. Then he remembers Sivakami and asks her to come to his awards ceremony. During the ceremony, he asks his mother to present him the award to which she obliges. The film ends with both Sivakami and her son on the stage.
- Sivaji Ganesan as Ashok and Vijay
- Vanisri as Sivakami
- Latha as Nalini
- S. V. Ranga Rao as Head Poilater
- A. V. M. Rajan as Ashok's friend
- R. S. Manohar as Singapur Mama
- Sreekanth as Vijay's friend
- S. V. Sahasranamam as (Sivakami Father)
- T. K. Bagavathy as (Vijay Gurdiyan Father)
- M. N. Rajam as (Vijay Gurdiyan Mother)
- V. S. Raghavan as (Nalini Father)
- Cho as Sigamani (Sivakami Home Servant)
- Chittor V. Nagaiah as Church Father (guest role)
- "Master" Srikumar
|1||"Aadikku Pinne"||T. M. Soundararajan, L. R. Eswari||Kannadasan||04:30|
|2||"En Raajavin Roja"||P. Susheela||Vaali||04:23|
|3||"Iniyavale"||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||Pulamaipithan||04:43|
|4||"Ethanai Azhagu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Kannadasan||04:28|
|5||"Mela Thaalam"||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||Pulamaipithan||03:30|
|6||"Ullam Rendum"||T. M. Soundararajan||Kannadasan||04:43|
|7||"Yedharkum Oru Kaalam"||M. S. Viswanathan||Vaali||04:13|
- "Sivakamiyin Selvan (1974)". Jointscene. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- Film News Anandan (2004). Sadhanaigal padaitha Tamil Thiraipada Varalaaru (in Tamil). Chennai: Sivagami Publications. pp. 28:167.
- "பாடல்களால் ஒரு பாலம் : இரயிலில் ஓர் ஒயில்". Tamiloviyam (in Tamil). Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Sivakamiyin Selvan Songs". raaga. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Sivakamiyin Selvan Songs". tamiltunes. Retrieved 2014-07-10.