Kings of Sliabh Lugha
The Sliabh Lugha area was originally known as Gailenga but by the 12th-century called Sliabh Lugha. Its rulers were the Ó Gadhra, whose ancestors were Kings of Luighne Connacht, an over-kingdom of which Gailenga/Sliabh Lugha was the southern part. The northern area, lying in south-west County Sligo, retained the name Luighne.
- 1181 - Donn Sléibhe Ua Gadhra, king of Sleibe Lughu, died.
- 1206 - Ruairí Ó Gadhra, Lord of Sliabh Lugha, died.
- 1217 - Domhnall Ó Gadhra, died.
- 1227 - Donn Sléibhe Ó Gadhra, was slain by Gillaroe, his own brother's son.
- 1256 - Ruaidrí Ó Gadhra, was slain by David, son of Richard Cuisin
- Irish Kings and High Kings, pp. 68–9, 88, 101n., 132-3, 231, 233, 249, 291, Francis John Byrne, 3rd edition, 2001.
|This Irish history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|