Slumber Party Massacre II
|Slumber Party Massacre II|
|Directed by||Deborah Brock|
|Produced by||Roger Corman
|Written by||Deborah Brock|
|Music by||Richard Cox|
|Cinematography||Thomas L. Callaway|
|Edited by||William Flicker|
|Distributed by||New Concorde|
Slumber Party Massacre II is a 1987 musical horror comedy film directed by Deborah Brock, produced by Roger Corman, and starring Crystal Bernard. As a loosely-based sequel to The Slumber Party Massacre, the film follows an adult Courtney, from the first film, and her friends in a rock band are attacked by a supernatural killer with a power-drilled guitar.
Courtney, the younger sister of the "new girl across the street" in the first film is all grown up now. But suffers from nightmares from the events from the first film. She and the other members of her female rock group go to a condo for the weekend to play music and have fun with their boyfriends. Courtney's dreams are of her sister, who is in a mental institution, warning her about the killer, and the dreams begin to spill into real life, threatening Courtney and her friends.
The film ends with Courtney (being the only survivor) being confronted by the killer, but she manages to kill him by setting him on fire with a torch lighter. The next day, paramedics are seen carrying Amy[clarification needed] on a stretcher. When Courtney checks on her, Amy's eyes suddenly open and she starts evilly laughing in the killer's voice. Courtney wakes up in her room, only then realizing it was a nightmare the whole time. She then makes out with her boyfriend, who is revealed to be the killer. Courtney wakes up from her nightmare locked up like her sister was and screaming profusely as a drill bursts through the floor, indicating that the nightmare isn't over yet.
- Crystal Bernard as Courtney Bates
- Kimberly McArthur as Amy
- Juliette Cummins as Sheila Barrington
- Patrick Lowe as Matt Arbicost
- Heidi Kozak as Sally Burns
- Joel Hoffman as T.J.
- Scott Westmoreland as Jeff
- Jennifer Rhodes as Mrs. Bates
- Cindy Eilbacher as Valerie Bates
- Michael Delano as Officer Kreuger
- Hamilton Mitchell as Officer Voorhies
- Atanas Ilitch as The Driller Killer
The film has been released on DVD three times. The first release came from New Concorde Home Entertainment in September 2000. Extras included actor bios along with trailers for Slumber Party Massacre, Slumber Party Massacre II and Sorority House Massacre II. The company re-released the film on a double feature DVD alongside the original The Slumber Party Massacre in July 2003. These versions are both currently out of print. On 5 October 2010 Shout! Factory released Slumber Party Massacre, Slumber Party Massacre II and Slumber Party Massacre III on a two-disc special edition DVD set.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)|
The Camp Blood review felt the film made up in weirdness what it lacked in "coherence, suspense, and production value". It has a small cult following among slasher fans.
- "Company Credits for Slumber Party Massacre II". imdb.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Slumber Party Massacre II (DVD)". dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Slumber Party Massacre/Slumber Party Massacre II (DVD)". dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Shout! Factory Bringing Home the Slumber Party Massacre Collection!
- "Slumber Party Massacre II". CampBlood.org. Retrieved 2007-05-11.