|Born||Helen Atherley Allsopp
1980 (age 36–37)
Wiltshire, England, UK
|Parent(s)||Charles and Fiona Allsopp|
|Relatives||Kirstie Allsopp (sister)|
Sofie Allsopp (born 1980) is a British television presenter.
Her parents are Charles Henry Allsopp, 6th Baron Hindlip, (born 1940) and Fiona Victoria Jean Atherley (née McGowan, born 1947). Sofie has two sisters: television presenter Kirstie Allsopp (born 1971) and Natasha (born 1986) and a brother, Henry (born 1973). The designer and business woman Cath Kidston is her cousin.
Having previously worked as an estate agent and relocation agent in London, Allsopp temporarily stood in for her sister as the presenter of a special Location, Location, Location whilst Kirstie was on maternity leave In this show, Hackney was voted as the worst place to live in the UK, which caused some controversy.
In spring 2008, Allsopp began hosting the Canadian television show, The Unsellables, on HGTV (Canada). Her role on the show is to help people sell their "unsellable" homes. The programme has since been broadcast on the U.S. HGTV and on the BBC in the UK, where Sofie is paired with fellow property expert John Rennie.
Allsopp lives in Edinburgh with her husband, the writer Robert Fletcher, and their son Charlie. She has a degree in History and is a keen traveller, having journeyed through South America, Southeast Asia, Africa and Mongolia.
Titles and styles
- Sophia Atherley Allsopp ( 1980 - 19 December 1993 )
- Honourable Sophie Atherley Allsopp ( 19 December 1993 -
|2006||National Television Awards||Herself||Presenter|
- Sofie Allsopp's homing in on big sister Kirstie - Scotsman
- Wood, Zoe (2009-08-09). "Queen of florals Cath Kidston bucks the recession to profit from love of nostalgia". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- Kirstie replaced on property show...by her sister - Mail Online
- Hackney hits back at 'TV snobs' - BBC News
- Jemima Lewis: Ignore the squalor and savor the romance - The Independent
- Double mastectomy