AeroHonduras

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Sol Air)
Jump to: navigation, search
AeroHonduras
AeroHonduras logo.svg
IATA ICAO Callsign
4S HON Aero Honduras
Founded 2002
Ceased operations 2005
Hubs Tegucigalpa - Toncontin International
Secondary hubs Roatán-Juan Manuel Galvez International, San Pedro Sula-Ramon Villeda Morales
Focus cities Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Managua, Miami
Alliance Aeropostal Alas de Venezuela
Fleet size 1
Destinations Managua, Miami
Parent company Aero Honduras, S.A. de C.V.
Headquarters Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Key people Ricardo Martinez
Website www.aerohondurasairlines.com

AeroHonduras was an airline based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. It operated scheduled flights within Central America and to the United States. It ceased operations in 2005.

History[edit]

The airline was established in January 2002 as Sol Air, and started operations on 12 July 2002 with a leased Boeing 727-200 from Falcon Air Express. In July 2003 Aeropostal Alas de Venezuela bought a significant stake in the company (45%), and rebranded the airline AeroHonduras. The remaining 55% stake was owned by Ricardo Martinez, who is the President of the airline.

In 2005, AeroHonduras suspended operations after its only operating aircraft (a Boeing 737-300) wet leased from Falcon Air Express was taken back by the company. There were issues with financial payment for services, delays associated with repairs and financial mismanagement associated with its suspension of service. Although the airline indicated it was a temporary move, the carrier was suffering financial and operational problems for some time.[1]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Airliner World, October 2005

External links[edit]