Solatube International is the manufacturer of Solatube Daylighting Systems, a type of tubular daylighting device. The company, originally located in Australia, invented tubular daylighting devices, which are used to harvest daylight through a dome at the roof and transfer it down a reflective tube through a diffuser in the ceiling.
Often mistakenly referred to as light tubes, solar tubes or tubular skylights, the correct industry name is tubular daylighting devices, as determined by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC).
For the residential market, Solatube International Inc. has set up a network of dealers known as the Premier Dealer network where each dealer has been trained by the manufacturer for installation and technical product information. Solatube Home Daylight, Solatube International's only company store, is used as a test bed for this network before offering new products into the marketplace.
- Fabrikant, Mel (May 7, 2011). "Solatube International Inc. Celebrates 20th Anniversary and Unique Installations at Lightfair". Paramus Post. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- DeBellis, Kate (April 2008). "Daylighting Goes Tubular". The Construction Specifier. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "Tubular Daylighting Devices Project Monitoring Task Group". National Fenestration Rating Council. Retrieved Aug 4, 2012.
- "Top 10 Green Building Products of 2010 Announced". Sustainable Industries. June 22, 2010. Retrieved Aug 4, 2012.
- Maile Petty, Margaret (March 1, 2007). "High-performance design creates healthy environments for high-performance learning". Architectural Lighting Magazine. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Wilson, Marianne. "Making the Switch to LEDs". Chain Store Age. Retrieved December 2009. Check date values in:
- Rigik, Erin (May 16, 2011). "Kum & Go Receives Energy Efficiency Leader Award". Convenience Store Decisions. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Wolf, Sarah. "10 Products that Wow You". Better Homes & Homes Exteriors (Spring–Summer 2010 ed.).
- Mandal, Dattatreya (May 17, 2011). "Greenest hotels in the world". EcoFriend. Retrieved August 5, 2012.