|Dr. Soran Singh|
|Special Assistant on Minority Affairs Department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
3 September 2013 – 22 April 2016
|Member of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly|
May 2013 – 22 April 2016
|Died||22 April 2016|
Pir Baba, Buner District, Pakistan
|Residence||Bacha Kalay, Pir Baba, Buner District, Pakistan|
Dr. Soran Singh (died 22 April 2016) was a Pakistani Sikh doctor, TV anchor, politician and Minister of Minorities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Before joining Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2011, he was a member of Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan for nine years. He was also member of Tehsil council, Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and Evacuee Trust Property Board. He also hosted the programme Za Hum Pakistani Yam for three and a half years with Khyber News.
He was gunned down in a targeted attack near his house on Friday, 22 April 2016. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police later arrested Baldev Kumar, who orchestrated Singh's murder due to political rivalry, and hired paid assassins for the purpose. Kumar belonged to the Hindu community, and wanted to contest elections from the same party on a reserved minority seat. He developed differences with Singh when the latter was picked for the seat.
- "Mr. Soran Singh". KP Assembly. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Adviser to K-P Chief Minister Sorang Singh, who was present, also shed light on the rights of minorities".
- "Meet Suran Singh — doctor, TV anchor and a leading member of Imran Khan's party".
- "Suran Singh, minister of Minorities for the province and a member of the ruling PTI".
- "Pakistan Tehrik e Insaf (PTI) minority minister Suran Singh".
- "Sikh assembly aspirant lays bare his plans".
- AFP (22 April 2016). "TTP claims assassination of PTI minority MPA in Buner". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- Serjeant, Jill (23 April 2016). "Prominent figure in Pakistan's Sikh minority killed by Taliban gunmen". Reuters. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- Desk, Web (23 April 2016). "Funeral prayers of PTI leader Soran Singh offered". Geo.tv. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "KP Minorities minister Sardar Soran Singh shot dead by Hindu PTI leader of the area". Daily Pakistan Global. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- K-P police arrests PTI minority leader over Soran Singh's killing
- Soran Singh’s murder uncovers flaws in election laws
|This article about a Pakistani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|