From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Spur in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A spur is a metal instrument fastened to the heel of a horse rider.
Spur may also refer to:
- Spur (horse), an American thoroughbred racehorse
- Spur (zoology), an outgrowth of bone covered in a sheath of horn
- Bone spurs, skeletal disorder forming small bony outgrowth along joint margins
- Spur (botany), an elongated appendage of certain sepals
- Spur (vine), one-year-old wood of a grapevine that is pruned back to leave just one or two buds to be used for next year's crop of grapes
- Spur (topography), a mountain ridge projecting laterally from a main mountain or mountain range
- Spur, Texas, United States
- Spur line, a short railway (railroad) branching from a main line
- Spur route, a short road branching from longer, more important route
- Spur trail, a shorter trail which branches from a longer route
- SPUR (magazine), a student magazine in Adelaide, Australia
- San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association, a non-profit research, education, and advocacy organization
- Gruppe SPUR, a German artistic collaboration, and their journal of the same name
- Spur Steak Ranches, a chain of steakhouses in South Africa
- Spur gas, North American gas stations operated by Murphy Oil
- Tottenham Hotspur F.C., an association football team based in North London, England
- The San Antonio Spurs, a National Basketball Association team based in San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
- The Chancellor's Spurs, a traveling trophy awarded to the winner of the college football game between Texas Tech University and the University of Texas at Austin
- The Witbank Spurs, an association football club from South Africa
- SPURS National Honor Society, a collegiate sophomore honor-service society in the United States
- Spur (architecture), the ornament carved on the angles of the bases of early columns
- Spur (typography), a small continuation of part of a printed letter, especially an uppercase G
- Spur, or a spurious tone, a tone in an electronic circuit which interferes with a signal
- Spur, or trace (linear algebra), sum of the elements on the main diagonal
- Spur Award, an annual literary prize awarded by the Western Writers of America
- Spur gear, the simplest and probably most common type of gear
- Spurs (short story), a short story by Tod Robbins that served as the basis of the film Freaks
- All pages beginning with "spur"
- All pages with titles containing spur
- Spurr (disambiguation)
- Spurt (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Spur.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.