St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church (Morges, Ohio)
St. Mary's Of Morges
St. Mary’s of Morges
|Nearest city||Waynesburg, Ohio|
|NRHP reference #||77001047|
|Added to NRHP||April 11, 1977|
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church, also known as St. Mary's of Morges (// MOR-jez)) is a Roman Catholic church located in the unincorporated community of Morges in Rose Township, Carroll County, Ohio, United States. A part of the Diocese of Steubenville, it was founded in 1834 and re-established in 1948; its current building was built in 1851 and renovated in 1979.
The church is built of brick with a stone foundation. The bricks were manufactured on premises. In 1977, the church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its architectural significance, along with a related house on the same property.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Parishes in Cities M-R, Diocese of Steubenville. Accessed 2009-08-18.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 7th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, 52. ISBN 0-89933-281-1.
- St. Mary's Of Morges, Ohio Historical Society, 2007. Accessed 2008-08-18.
- Morges Historical Marker, Carroll County Historical Society
|This article about a property in Carroll County, Ohio on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Catholic Church in the United States church building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|