St Gerard's School, Bray
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|St Gerard's School|
Republic of Ireland
|Headmistress||Dr Deirdre Farrell (Junior school)|
|Headmaster||Mr Tom Geraghty (Senior school)|
|Number of students||730|
|Average class size||22 Senior School, 26 Junior School|
|Campus size||60 acres|
|Colour(s)||Green & Blue|
|Song||Our Shining Alma Mater|
|School fees||€7,150 (2017/18)|
St Gerard's School is a Roman Catholic co-educational independent day school in Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. The student population is around 745, with 515 in the Senior School and 230 in the Junior School, and 20 in the Montessori. The school is administered by a Board of Governors as a charitable trust. The current headmaster is Tom Geraghty.
John James founded St. Gerard’s School in 1918. His father was an Anglican minister and when he completed his BA degree in 1904 he converted to the Roman Catholic faith. His vision of education emphasised the dignity of each individual and the development of the whole person.
- Jack Conan, Ireland rugby union international
- Louis Le Brocquy, artist
- Charley Boorman, actor
- Andrew Hozier-Byrne, musician
- Emma Hannigan, author and blogger
- Sir Helenus Milmo, QC, lawyer and High Court judge
- Frank O'Reilly, Irish banker, businessman
- Elena Tice, dual Ireland women's cricket and field hockey international.
- Doyle, Mary (2012). "St Gerard's fee paying school gets €1.8m from state". Bray People.
- "History - St. Gerard's School". www.stgerards.ie.