|No. 79, 77, 78, 73|
|Position:||Guard / Offensive tackle|
|Date of birth:||June 2, 1981|
|Place of birth:||Camden, Arkansas|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2004 / Round: 4 / Pick: 123|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Stacy Dewayne Andrews (born June 2, 1981) is a former American football offensive guard. He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fourth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ole Miss.
Andrews attended Camden Fairview High School.
While at Ole Miss, Andrews competed for the Rebels track and field team as a thrower. He never competed in football until his senior year at the University of Mississippi. He was drafted in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Andrews played in every game during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. During the 2007 season, Andrews started three games at left guard before starting the final eleven games of the season at right tackle, filling in for injured starter Willie Anderson. Because of his versatility and effectiveness, the Bengals placed the franchise tag on Andrews on February 18, 2008, despite the fact that Andrews did not officially have a starting job on the Bengals line. Andrews signed his one-year, $7.455 million tender on March 19. He tore his right anterior cruciate ligament in week 16 against the Cleveland Browns.
Andrews signed a six-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on February 27, 2009. The move united him with his brother, Shawn Andrews, who was an offensive lineman for the Eagles at the time. The Andrews brothers did not play together, however, because Shawn Andrews was injured throughout the entire season, and was eventually released on March 17, 2010.
In week 2 of the 2009 season, Stacy Andrews was benched in favor of Max Jean-Gilles due to his knee injury from the previous season and his need for more practice with offensive line coach Juan Castillo on his pass-blocking.
In March 2010, Andrews agreed to restructure his contract, reducing his base salary.
New York Giants
On August 3, 2011, Andrews signed with the New York Giants. In week 13 of the 2011 NFL season, he did not play against the Green Bay Packers after he was hospitalized for pulmonary embolisms in both lungs. He became a free agent after the season.
- Clayton, John (February 18, 2008). "Bengals slap franchise tag on lineman Andrews for 2008 season". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Bengals' Andrews signs tender as sides continue to talk long-term deal". ESPN.com. March 19, 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Andrews has torn ACL in right knee". ESPN.com. December 22, 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Andrews released, wants to play again". ESPN.com. March 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
- Weinberg, David (September 19, 2009). "Eagles say McNabb only has 25 percent chance of playing Sunday against Saints". pressofAtlanticCity.com. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- McLane, Jeff (March 8, 2010). "Reggie Brown gone; Stacy Andrews staying". Philly.com. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Rosenthal, Gregg. "Release Tracker". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 29 July 2011.