||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Darren Williams|
|Genres||Hip hop, house, electronic|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, musician, dj|
|Years active||April 2010–present|
|Labels||Jet Jam, OWSLA|
Star Slinger (born Darren Williams) is a producer and DJ based in Manchester, UK, taking influences mainly from house and hip hop. Star Slinger first came to the attention after self-releasing a beat tape in the summer of 2010 entitled "Volume 1". From then on, Williams picked up noteworthy press interest from Pitchfork Media, SPIN Magazine, Dazed & Confused Magazine and was interviewed by Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1. He has collaborated with Juicy J, Project Pat, Lil B, Stunnaman, Reggie B & Teki Latex alongside others. He has officially remixed for Jessie Ware, Gold Panda, Hundred Waters (for Skrillex's OWSLA label), Washed Out, Daedelus, The Go! Team and Broken Social Scene. Darren frequently release his new songs free on bandcamp..
International club night and record label
Star Slinger curates an international club night under the name Jet Jam along with visual artists Anze Sekelj & Michaela Selmani. The night's programming puts an emphasis on eclecticism and no emphasis on BPM. Artists to have played the party include Bondax, Blacksmif, Shlohmo, Jim-E Stack, Baths, Sweater Beats, Tony Quattro and Silky Johnson. The JET JAM logo was designed by Michaela Selmani.
In November 2012, Jet Jam released its first single in the form of Star Slinger "Ladies In The Back" (Feat. Teki Latex) on 12" vinyl & digital download formats.
- Volume 2 (LP) Jet Jam (2016)
- Sketchy (EP) [Free Download] (2016)
- IV (EP) [Free Download] (2013)
- Ladies in the Back (Feat. Teki Latex) (Remixes) Jet Jam (2012)
- Teams vs. Star Slinger – Self-Titled (EP) Mexican Summer (2011) (First 1000 copies were Ltd. Edition Clear Vinyl)
- Volume 1 (LP) [Self-released] (2010)
- Rogue Cho Pa (EP) [Self-released] (2011)
- Ladies in the Back (Feat. Teki Latex) Jet Jam (2012)
- Star Slinger – Take This Up
- Dumbin' (featuring Reggie B, Juicy J, Project Pat + Diplo Remix) Green Label Sound (2011)
- Remedy (7") – Double Denim Records (2011)
- Festival, Sonar. "Star Slinger – Sonar Festival Lineup)". Sonar. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Jen, Long. "Star Slinger Volume 1 Review". BBC. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Jam, Jet. "Jet Jam: Eclectic Dance Parties Since 2012)".
- Peter, Lester (6 January 2011). "Star Slinger (No 940)". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Pitchfork: Rising: Star Slinger". Retrieved 9 June 2011.
- "SPIN's 5 Best New Artists for March". Spin Magazine. Retrieved 5 June 2011.