Steam (Archie Shepp album)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Live album by Archie Shepp|
|Recorded||May 14, 1976|
|Venue||Jazz Ost-West Festival, Nuremberg|
|Producer||Horst Weber, Matthias Winckelmann|
|Archie Shepp chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
|The Village Voice||A–|
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow states: "The avant-garde innovator Shepp still sounds pretty strong at what was for him a fairly late period, displaying his distinctive raspy tone and what were for him some typically emotional ideas".
- "A Message from Trane" (Cal Massey) - 18:58
- "Solitude" (Eddie DeLange, Duke Ellington, Irving Mills) - 11:40
- "Invitation" (Bronisław Kaper, Paul Francis Webster) - 14:29 Bonus track on CD
- "Ah-Leu-Cha" (Charlie Parker) - 8:06 Bonus track on CD
- "Steam" (Archie Shepp) - 9:23
- "52nd Street Theme" (Thelonious Monk) - 0:57
- Recorded at the East-West Jazz Festival in Nuremberg, West Germany on May 14, 1976
- Allmusic Review
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 179. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Christgau, Robert (June 26, 1978). "Christgau's Consumer Guide". The Village Voice. New York. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed 29 July 2009.