Steel Cold Winter
|Steel Cold Winter|
|Directed by||Choi Jin-sung|
|Produced by||Kim Kwan-hun|
|Written by||Choi Yoon-jin|
|Starring||Kim Yoon-hye |
|Music by||Kim Tae-seong|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Steel Cold Winter (Hangul: 소녀; RR: Sonyeo; lit. "Girl") is a 2013 South Korean romance/mystery thriller film starring Kim Yoon-hye and Kim Shi-hoo. Directed by Choi Jin-sung, it premiered in the New Currents section of the 18th Busan International Film Festival and was released in theaters on November 7, 2013.
Yoon-soo was once a student at one of the best high schools in Seoul, but a trivial remark he made turns into a vicious rumor that leads his friend to commit suicide. Unable to bear the guilt, Yoon-soo attempts to kill himself. To help him recover, his family moves to Ijeon-li, a snow-covered village on a mountain. On the day of the move, Yoon-soo sees a mysterious young girl skating by herself on the frozen lake. Having started school in this small, rural town, Yoon-soo slowly finds peace within. Despite the villagers' kindness and his peers' ongoing fascination with him as a cool guy from the city, he keeps to himself. There is, however, one girl who gets Yoon-soo's attention: the class outcast Hae-won. The aloof Hae-won, who lives alone with her mentally disabled father, is viewed as pariah by the entire village and constantly at the center of the townsfolk's gossip. As if seeing himself in her, he offers her sympathy and warmth, and Hae-won slowly opens up to him, feeling that he's the only one who understands and accepts her. But soon, Yoon-soo also becomes consumed by the brutal rumors surrounding Hae-won.
- Kim Si-hoo as Seo Yoon-soo
- Kim Yoon-hye as Eun Hae-won
- Moon Chang-gil as Yang Yi-chang (village foreman)
- Lee Jang-yoo as Duk-man
- Jo Han-chul as Doctor
- Woo Jung-gook as Kim Soon-kyung
- Park Jin-woo as Man-suk
- Yoon Kyung-ho as Teacher
- Jung Doo-gyum as Seo Yoon-soo's father
- Joo Yoo-rang as Seo Yoon-soo's mother
- Park So-dam as Ji-yeon
- Jang In-seop as Young-jae
- Oh Hee-joon as Hyung-joon
- Kim Kwang-seop as Kwang-seop
- Lee Tae-hee as Young-joon
- Chun Jung-ha as Young-joon's mother
- Heo Tae-kyung as Yang Yi-chang's wife
- Han Hee-jung as Seoul School home room teacher
- Seo Hyun-woo as Math teacher
- Jung In-gi as Myung-kwan (cameo)
- Gi Ju-bong as Young-joon's father (cameo)
- "Young Actress Spooks Viewers with Chilling Movie Role". The Chosun Ilbo. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Star Focus: Kim Yoon-hye". Arirang News. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Tae, Sang-joon (6 September 2013). "18th BUSAN International Film Festival Lineup Unveiled". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Conran, Pierce (9 January 2014). "CJ's Butterfly Project Selects Winners". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Conran, Pierce (26 February 2014). "HAN GONG-JU and STEEL COLD WINTER to Compete in Deauville". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Steel Cold Winter on Facebook (in Korean)
- Steel Cold Winter at the Korean Movie Database
- Steel Cold Winter on IMDb
- Steel Cold Winter at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|