Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
|Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe|
|Directed by||Maria Schrader|
Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe (German: Vor der Morgenröte) is a 2016 internationally co-produced drama film directed by Maria Schrader. It was listed as one of eight films that could be the German submission for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards, but it was not selected. However, it was later chosen as the Austrian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Josef Hader as Stefan Zweig
- Aenne Schwarz as Lotte Zweig
- Barbara Sukowa as Friderike Zweig
- Tómas Lemarquis as Lefèvre
- Lenn Kudrjawizki as Samuel Malamud
- Charly Hübner as Emil Ludwig
- Nahuel Pérez Biscayart as Vitor D'Almeida
- Harvey Friedman as Friedman
- Valerie Pachner as Alix Störk
- Matthias Brandt as Ernst Feder
- Ivan Shvedoff as Halpern Leivick
- Daniel Puente Encina as Sadler
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 93% based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 7/10. On Metacritic, it has a weighted average rating of 75 out of 100, based on 8 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- List of submissions to the 89th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Austrian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Hopewell, John (3 August 2016). "Films Distribution Rolls Out Pre-Sales on 'Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe'". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Roxborough, Scott (3 August 2016). "'Toni Erdmann,' 'Fritz Bauer' Among German Oscar Hopefuls". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Österreich schickt "Vor der Morgenröte" ins Rennen um Auslandsoscar". Der Standard. STANDARD Verlagsgesellschaft. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Roxborough, Scott (6 September 2016). "Oscars: Austria Selects 'Stefan Zweig' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- "Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
|This article related to a German film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Austrian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|