Stefano La Colla
Stefano La Colla
Stefano La Colla is an Italian tenor who has given recitals and performed in opera internationally.
He was born in Turin, but he is native from Alcamo, where he lived from 12 until he was 23; he started his studies at the Conservatorio Pietro Mascagni in Livorno and trained under the guide of the soprano Luciana Serra and later with the baritone Carlo Meliciani.
In 2002 he won a scholarship at the Accademia d’alto Perfezionamento del Repertorio Pucciniano of Torre del Lago, where he attended its courses with Magda Olivero, Katia Ricciarelli and Raina Kabaivanska. Afterwards he performed together with Katia Ricciarelli at the Teatro Verdi of Pisa in a gala event organized by the Rotary Club.
After a great debut in 2008 with Aida at the Theatre Goldoni in Leghorn, he has continued his artistic experience in the traditional theatres of many Italian towns like Novara, Savona, Chieti, Reggio Emilia, Pisa, Lucca, Livorno, Busseto and Brescia.
His International career started in 2011 with Turandot at Ratisbon (where he made his debut with 16 recitals), then at Dortmund, Leipzig, Saint Peterburg, St. Gallen, Zagabria, Bucarest; but the real turning point was in 2014 as he performed in the greatest European opera houses such as: Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, Amsterdam, Oslo, Dresden and Vienna. In Italy he has performed several times at La Scala de Milan, Rome, Naples and Verona.
Prizes and appreciations
- 2002: winner of a scholarship at the Accademia d’alto Perfezionamento del Repertorio Pucciniano di Torre del Lago
- 2006: winner of the International Contest Ismaele Voltolini at Buscoldo (Mantua)
- Manon Lescaut (Renato Des Grieux) Oper Leipzig (February–May)
- La Gioconda (Enzo Grimaldi) Theater St. Gallen (February–May)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Deutsche Oper Berlin (May)
- Macbeth (Macduff) Opera Wrocławska (June)
- Un ballo in maschera (Riccardo) Theater Dortmund (Sept.-Oct.)
- Manon Lescaut (Il Cavaliere des Grieux) presso il Mikhailovsky Theatre di Saint Petersburg (Oct. 2014 – Apr. 2015)
- Manon Lescaut (Il Cavaliere des Grieux) Oper Leipzig (Jan.–Apr.)
- Turandot (Calaf) Teatro di San Carlo, Naples (March–April)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Teatro dell'Opera di Roma (March–June)
- Turandot (Calaf) Teatro alla Scala, Milan (May)
- Cavalleria rusticana (Turiddu) Teatro alla Scala, Milan (June)
- Nabucco (Ismaele) Deutsche Oper Berlin (June)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Teatro San Carlo, Naples (July)
- Turandot (Calaf) Teatro dell'Opera of Rome (July–August)
- Turandot (Calaf) Deutsche Oper Berlin (Sept.-Nov.)
- Manon Lescaut (Il Cavaliere des Grieux) Deutsche Oper Berlin (November 2015 – March 2016)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Teatro dell'Opera of Rome (December)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Theater St Gallen (January–May)
- Concert (Tenore) Deutsche Oper am Rhein, Düsseldorf (March)
- Tosca (Cavaradossi) Opéra de Toulon (April)
- Madama Butterfly (F B Pinkerton) Staatsoper Unter den Linden, Berlin (April–May)
- Le Cid (Rodrigue) Theater St Gallen (June–July)
- Aida (Radamès) Fondazione Arena di Verona (June–August)
- Aida (Radamès) Teatro di San Carlo, Naples (July–August)
- Turandot (Calaf) Wiener Staatsoper, Vienna (September 2016 – March 2017)
- Manon Lescaut (Il Cavaliere Renato des Grieux) De Nationale Opera, Amsterdam (October)
- Turandot (Il principe ignoto) Bayerische Staatsoper of Munich (December)
- Il trovatore Teatro Calderón, Valladolid (February)
- Cavalleria rusticana (Turiddu) Opéra National du Rhin, Strasburg (June)
- Pagliacci (Canio) Opéra National du Rhin, Strasburg (June)
- Turandot (Calaf) Festival Puccini 2017 di Torre del Lago (July)
- Aida (Radamès) Macerata Opera Festival (July–August)
- Nabucco (Ismaele) Teatro alla Scala, Milano (Oct.–Nov.)
- "Stefano La Colla, tenore alcamese, calca i palcoscenici del più prestigiosi teatri del mondo".
- "Stefano La Colla - Montecatini Opera Festival". www.montecatinioperafestival.it.
- "Stefano La Colla, Tenor - Official Site". Stefano La Colla, Tenor - Official Site.
- "Il volo di Stefano La Colla, dal debutto con Aida a Livorno (2008) ai teatri internazionali. Fino alla Turandot a Torre del Lago (di Fulvio Venturi) – Toscana Eventi & News". 19 July 2017.
- "Stefano La Colla tenore alcamese".
- "Stefano La Colla". Montecatini Opera Festival. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "Stefano La Colla". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "Stefano La Colla". GBOPERA. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "Patchy recital from Stefano La Colla and Maria Katzarava at Wigmore Hall | by Bachtrack for classical music, opera, ballet and dance event reviews". bachtrack.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "Stefano La Colla- Albums, Pictures – Naxos Classical Music". naxos.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "operaeopera.com/tag/stefano-la-colla/". operaeopera.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "www.musicandosite.com/tag/stefano-la-colla/". musicandosite.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.[permanent dead link]
- "Grande successo per l'Aida di Giuseppe Verdi a Verona - Il Televisionario2". televisionario2.com. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "Napoli - Teatro di San Carlo: Tosca". OperaClick. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- Stefano La Colla Operabase