This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Fabien Chéreau|
0.19.1 / 22 June 2019
|Written in||C++ (Qt)|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, Windows, macOS|
|Size||147 MB (Linux tarball)|
161 MB (Windows installer)
164 MB (macOS package)
Stellarium is an open-source free-software planetarium, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, available for Linux, Windows, and macOS. A port Stellarium called Stellarium Mobile is available for Android, iOS, and Symbian as a paid version, being developed by Noctua Software. All versions use OpenGL to render a realistic projection of the night sky in real time.
Planetarium dome projection
The fisheye and spherical mirror distortion features allow Stellarium to be projected onto domes. Spherical mirror distortion is used in projection systems that use a digital video projector and a first surface convex spherical mirror to project images onto a dome. Such systems are generally cheaper than traditional planetarium projectors and fish-eye lens projectors and for that reason are used in budget and home planetarium setups where projection quality is less important.
VirGO is a Stellarium plugin, a visual browser for the European Southern Observatory (ESO) Science Archive Facility which allows astronomers to browse professional astronomical data. It is no longer supported or maintained; the last version was 1.4.5, dated 15 January 2010.[non-primary source needed]
Stellarium Mobile is a fork of Stellarium, developed by some of the Stellarium team members. It currently targets mobile devices running Symbian, Maemo, Android, and iOS. Some of the mobile optimisations have been integrated into the mainline Stellarium product.[non-primary source needed][dead link]
- "Stellarium v0.19.1 has been released!". 22 June 2019. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Project of the Month - May 2006 - Stellarium". SourceForge. May 2006. Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- "The third Free Software Awards placed under the sign of the international". Les Trophées du Libre 2006 website. Archived from the original on 2008-12-21. Retrieved 2009-02-16. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Virtual sky display in MeerKAT control room". Ska.ac.za. Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-06-16. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Software Centre app picks for December". Ubuntu App Developer. Developer.ubuntu.com. 2011-12-14. Archived from the original on 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2012-06-16. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Stellarium Planetarium Software". E-Planetarium website. Archived from the original on 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2009-02-15. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Nightshade Astronomy Simulation Software". Digitalis Education Solutions official website. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "Nightshade Astronomy Simulator". Nightshade official website. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "VirGO, The Visual Archive Browser". ESO Science Archive Facility. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Stellarium Mobile". Noctua Software. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stellarium.|