||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
December 13, 1968 |
|Occupation||Video game designer|
He was originally made famous as the creator of Warlords game series in 1989, but in recent years has also been known for creating the Puzzle Quest series. In 2003, after a long alliance with SSG, he split off to form his own game developer company Infinite Interactive.
In 2007, Infinite Interactive put Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords on the market for the DS and PSP. It was a sleeper hit that received critical acclaim from gamers and game developers alike. Infinite Interactive has since ported Puzzle Quest to the Wii, Windows, Xbox 360, PS2, Mac, Mobile, and iPhone.
In 2008, a Puzzle Quest spin-off game was developed on a number of platforms for D3 Publisher of Europe Ltd.. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix was released on February 24, 2009. While critics praised the variety of the gameplay, it wasn't as well received as Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. A full sequel to Puzzle Quest, "Puzzle Quest 2", was released on June 22, 2010 and was seen as a return to form for the Puzzle Quest series.
Despite popular belief, Fawkner and Infinite Interactive actually had no part in "Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign", instead licensing the game to a Boston-based studio "Demiurge Studios". Fawkner instead decided to work on another project he called "Puzzle Quest and Warlords thrown together in a blender."  "Gems of War" was released on November 20, 2014 and is still being supported with updates and events.
- Gems of War (2014), 505 Games Mobile
- Puzzle Quest 2 (2010), D3 Publisher
- Puzzle Chronicles (2010), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Puzzle Kingdoms (2009), Zoo Games
- Neopets Puzzle Adventure (2009), Capcom
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (2009), D3 Publisher of Europe Ltd.
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (2007), D3 Publisher of Europe Ltd.
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (2006), Ubisoft Italia
- Warlords Battlecry III (2004), Enlight Interactive Inc.
- Decisive Battles of WWII Vol 2: Korsun Pocket (2003), Matrix Games
- Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria (2003), Ubisoft
- Warlords Battlecry II (2002), Strategic Studies Group
- Reach for the Stars (2000), Strategic Simulations, Inc.
- Warlords Battlecry (2000), Strategic Simulations, Inc.
- Warlords III: Darklords Rising (1998), Red Orb Entertainment
- Warlords III: Reign of Heroes (1997), Red Orb Entertainment
- Warlords II Deluxe (1995), Strategic Studies Group
- Warlords II Scenario Builder (1994), Strategic Studies Group
- Carriers at War II (1993), Strategic Studies Group
- Warlords II (1993), Strategic Studies Group
- Warlords (1989), Strategic Studies Group
- "Steve Fawkner Talks About "Warlords-Online", Oz Games Development". Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "The New Puzzle Quest Is Aussie in Name Only". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Fawkner.|
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|