|Headquarters||Calabasas, United States|
|Rami Galante, Raffi Galante, Ian Howe, Tim Woodley|
Number of employees
505 Games Ltd. is a global publisher of video games founded in 2006, and is a subsidiary of Italian company Digital Bros. S.p.A. The company publishes games globally for leading platforms along with console and handheld systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, as well as for mobile devices and social networks. 505 Games’ headquarters is located out of its North American location in Calabasas, CA. The company also maintains divisions in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom; Lyon, Munich; Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain and a network of distribution partners.
The company transitioned from being an Italian games distributor to a global games publisher, offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. In March 2015, Digital Bros, through subsidiary 505 Games, purchased 2.67% stock of Swedish game developer Starbreeze Studios.
Since its founding in 2006, the company has published several major titles including Sniper Elite 3, Payday 2, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Terraria, How to Survive, Defense Grid 2, and the upcoming ABZU and ADR1FT. The company found its early success through its video games Cooking Mama and Zumba Fitness.
April 2015 - 505 Games announces publishing agreement with Swedish game developer Starbreeze AB of the game "OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead". The agreement will cover next-generation console adaptions of the game for a lifetime. OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead is currently under development and expected to be released in 2016.
January 2015 - 505 Games confirms acquisition of the IP rights to the multi-award-winning Game of the Year 2013, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons from Sarbreeze Studios. The game has amassed 13 Game of the Year awards and sold over 800k units worldwide.
April 2014 - 505 Games announces publishing agreement with Adam Orth’s Three One Zero of the game ADR1FT. The game is described as a first-person experience, where the player controls an astronaut exploring debris of a wrecked station in outer space.
April 2013 - 505 Games acquires the license of "Drawn To Life" series. The purchase includes rights to the franchise as a whole.
April 2012 - 505 Games takes over publishing duties from THQ Inc. for the fitness game Adidas "MiCoach", following a lawsuit between the American video game developer/publisher and the sportswear brand.
- "505 Games Acquires Stake in Starbreeze". http://develop-online.net/.
- "505 Games Announces Abzu". http://ign.com/.
- "505 Games Publishing Adrift". http://engadget.com/.
- "505 Games' Ian Howe Interview". http://digitaltrends.com/.
- "MCV Awards 2015". http://mcvuk.com/.
- "PayDay 2: Crimewave Edition Release". http://christiantoday.com/.
- "505 Games To Publish Overkills The Walking Dead". http://thekoalition.com/.
- "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Game of the Year Award". http://blog.us.playstation.com/.
- "Brothers IP Sold to 505 Games". http://eurogamer.net/.
- "505 Games Publishing Adr1ft". http://ign.com/.
- "505 Games Acquires Draw To Life License". http://warpzoned.com/.
- "Adidas MiCoach Now Published by 505 Games". http://engadget.com/.