|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
from the 79th district
|Assumed office |
January 13, 2016
|Preceded by||Johnny Joannou|
|Member of the Portsmouth City Council|
July 1, 2004 – December 31, 2012
Stephen Edward Heretick
May 29, 1960
Hopewell, Virginia, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Stephanie von Schaaf|
|Alma mater||College of William & Mary (BA)|
Villanova University (JD)
Hahnemann University (PhD)
Stephen Edward Heretick (born May 29, 1960) is an American politician of the Democratic Party. Heretick represents the 79th district of the Virginia House of Delegates, which includes parts of the cities of Portsmouth and Norfolk. He defeated longtime incumbent Delegate Johnny Joannou in the 2015 Democratic primary. He previously served on the Portsmouth City Council from 2004–2012.
|Democratic||David W. Bouchard||1,302||29.85||n/a|
|Republican||Fred Quayle (incumbent)||21,114||58.62||n/a|
|Democratic||Johnny Joannou (incumbent)||1,619||47.23||n/a|
- Wilson, Patrick (June 10, 2015). "Heretick unseats Joannou in 79th House District". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- State Board of Elections (June 9, 2009). "City of Portsmouth General and Special Elections Constitutional Offices - November 6, 2001". Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "2007 Senate of Virginia Democratic Primary - District 13". Virginia Department of Elections. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "2007 Senate of Virginia General Election - District 13". Virginia Department of Elections. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "2015 June Democratic Primary". Virginia Department of Elections. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "2015 November General". Virginia Department of Elections. Retrieved January 20, 2017.