Steven Smith (basketball)
Steven Smith, 2014
|No. 33 – Champagne Châlons-Reims|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
|League||LNB Pro A|
April 12, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Northeast (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)|
|College||La Salle (2002–2006)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Undrafted|
|2010||EWE Baskets Oldenburg|
|2015–2016||Élan Béarnais Pau-Orthez|
|Career highlights and awards|
Steven Alexander Smith (born April 12, 1983) is an American professional basketball player for Champagne Châlons-Reims of the LNB Pro A. He is a 6'9" (2.06 m) tall power forward. He played college basketball for the La Salle University.
Smith is a graduate of Northeast High School, and later La Salle University, where he won the Atlantic 10 Player of the Year Award twice, in the years 2005 and 2006, while playing the La Salle's men's basketball team, the Explorers.
After starting the 2006-07 NBA season with the Philadelphia 76ers, Smith was waived in January 2007. In eight total NBA games, he averaged 0.6 points and 0.8 rebounds per game. He also played for the Anaheim Arsenal of the D-League during the 2007-08 season.
In February 2008, he joined the Italian League pro club Solsonica Rieti and finished the 2007-08 season there. He signed with the Greek League pro club Kolossos Rodou for the 2008-09 season. After averaging 18.3 points per game in 21 games, he suffered an Achilles tendon rupture and missed the rest of the season.
On March 24, 2014 he was signed by the Austin Toros.
- RealGM.com profile
- 76ers Request Waivers on Forward Steven Smith.
- Steven Smith Is Heading To Greece.
- Steven Smith verstärkt die EWE Baskets.
- EWE Baskets releases Smith, signs Bogdanovic.
- Panellinios picks up Smith at forward.
- Panathinaikos signs Smith at forward.
- Toros acquire Steven Smith
- Pro A : Bourg signe Steven Smith (French)
- "Pau-Orthez announces Steven Smith". Sportando.com. August 19, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Chalons-Reims inks Steven Smith