Stojan Puc (9 April 1921 – 29 January 2004) was a Slovenian chess master.
He won the Slovenian Chess Championship on four occasions: (1954 (joint), 1958, 1965 (joint), and 1967).
He tied for 5-6th at Ljubljana (Liberation) 1945/46 (Svetozar Gligorić won); shared 8th at Zagreb 1946 (Yugoslav Championship, Petar Trifunović won); took 2nd at Rogaška Slatina 1948; shared 1st with Jan Foltys at Vienna 1949 (Schlechter Memorial); took 14th at Bled 1950 (Miguel Najdorf won); 5th-6th at Dortmund 1951 (Albéric O'Kelly de Galway won); took 19th at Belgrade 1952 (Herman Pilnik won); tied for 2nd-4th at Krynica 1956 (Borislav Milić won); tied for 2nd-5th at Portorož 1957; he won the inaugural edition of the Bosna series (then an international invitation series of note) at Sarajevo in 1957 as clear first, and was first again, on better tie-break alongside with Luděk Pachman at Sarajevo (Bosna) 1960; tied for 7-8th at Ljubljana 1969 (1st Vidmar Memorial, Albin Planinc won) and tied for 17-18th at Ljubljana / Portorož 1973 (2nd Vidmar Memorial, Lajos Portisch won).
- Welcome to the Chessmetrics site
- 75 Jahre Schachklub Hietzing Wien 1921-1996
- Belgian Chess History
- dr. Milan Vidmar Memorial Tournaments
- OlimpBase :: 9th Chess Olympiad, Dubrovnik 1950, information
- Litmanowicz, Władysław & Giżycki, Jerzy (1986, 1987). Szachy od A do Z. Wydawnictwo Sport i Turystyka Warszawa. ISBN 83-217-2481-7 (1. A-M), ISBN 83-217-2745-X (2. N-Z)