Strand of Oaks
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Strand of Oaks|
|Birth name||Timothy Showalter|
|Also known as||Strand of Oaks|
|Born||July 20, 1982
Strand of Oaks is the rock project by songwriter and producer Timothy Showalter. Originally from Indiana, he currently resides in Philadelphia. His music classifies with the genres rock and folk music, or folk rock.
was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in '92 but refused to wear the home team jersey. Has met (as a kid) both Mickey Mantle and Walter Payton. He has seen Mortal Kombat THREE times in the movie theater! Has owned TWO pairs of JNCO his freshman year of high school and Chemical Brothers changed his life. After high school, Showalter moved from Indiana to Pennsylvania.
He co-produced Rockit with Herbie Hancock and directed the music video.
He met Jeff Clark in Atlanta in 2016 before his show at The Earl and both their lives changed forever.
Leave Ruin (2009)
Pope Killdragon (2010)
Pope Killdragon is a self-released album by Showalter. The album was produced by audio engineer, Ben Vehorn. While holding onto Strand of Oak's folky sound, Vehorn added in synthesizers and effects pedals to create an album with a sound that was unexplored territory for Showalter. In between tours, Showalter wrote music for what would become Dark Shores. He recorded this album with John Vanderslice who produced the songs.
Dark Shores (2012)
"Dark Shores" is the 2nd album self-released by Showalter.
Once Showalter returned from tour, he got to work recording about 30 demos in three weeks. He wrote and recorded songs in his home studio which led to the album, HEAL. This was the first album Showalter released on Dead Oceans.
On Christmas Day in 2013, Showalter and Sue were driving back to Philadelphia from Indiana when they hit a patch of ice and crashed into two semi trucks. Showalter suffered a concussion and broke every rib on his right side. The near-death experience gave Showalter a boldness during mixing sessions while creating HEAL with John Congleton, just days after the crash.
Since being released, "HEAL" has received much acclaim being named one of the best albums released in 2014. Showalter has toured extensively in support of the album and opened for Jason Isbell, Iron and Wine, and Ryan Adams. Strand of Oaks made their television debut in 2014 appearing on Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Hard Love (2017)
On December 1st, 2016, Timothy Showalter announced the upcoming fifth album from Strand of Oaks called Hard Love which was released on February 17th, 2017. He also released the first single off of the album called "Radio Kids". Strand of Oaks appeared on Last Call with Carson Daly, live at the Troubadour in L.A., first broadcast 5/17/2017. 
Awards, nominations, accomplishments
- Consequence of Sounds #1 Song of the Week for "Shut In"
- Consequence of Sounds #2 Song of the Week for "Goshen '97"
- Video for "Goshen '97" featured on Billboard
- Syncs with Red Bull and MTV's show Catfish
- Paste’s 50 Best Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- Stereogum’s 50 Best Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- The A.V. Club 20 Best Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- Pretty Much Amazing’s Best Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- American Songwriter’s Top 50 Albums of 2014 (#3) for "HEAL"
- NPR Music’s Favorite Songs of 2014 for "HEAL"
- Consequence of Sound’s Top 50 Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- NPR‘s 10 Breakout Artists of 2014 for "HEAL"
- American Songwriter’s Top 50 Songs of 2014 (#4) for "HEAL"
- Under the Radar’s Top 140 Albums of 2014 for "HEAL"
- Pretty Much Amazing’s Best Songs of 2014 for "HEAL"
- Leave Ruin (2009)
- Pope Killdragon (2010)
- Dark Shores (2012)
- HEAL (2014)
- Hard Love (2017)
- Darker Shores (2013)
- Spacestations (2012)
- Shut In (2014)
- Goshen '97 (2014)
- Radio Kids (2017)
- Oliphint, Joel (23 June 2014). "You Gotta Heal: Strand of Oaks Faces Down His Demons". Spin. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Strand of Oaks bio". JamBase. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Strand of Oaks bio". Dead Oceans. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Rebroadcast 6/27/2017.
- Willett, Sam (3 April 2014). "Top 10 Songs of the Week". Consequence of Sounds. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Bubbling Under: My Crazy Girlfriend Not Scaring Away Pop Radio". Billboard. 2 May 2014. Retrieved July 10, 2014.