||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Congleton at Elmwood Recording
|Occupation(s)||Producer, engineer, mixer, writer, programmer|
|Associated acts||The Paper Chase, The Nighty Nite, St. Vincent, Swans|
John Congleton is a Grammy-winning American producer/engineer/mixer/writer.
In addition to his production work, Congleton has fronted the indie rock band The Paper Chase, and writes music for a newer project entitled The Nighty Nite. He has also written music for various other projects, including MTV's Jackass, the Discovery Channel, Friday Night Lights, Evil lives here, and several Halloween sound effects/music CDs.
In January 2016 it was announced that John Congleton and The Nighty Nite would be releasing a full length April 1 of that year.
Selected Production Work
Selected Engineering Work
- Dallas Symphony Orch. "A Dayful of Song"
- Kirk Franklin & the Family Kingdom "Come - O.S.T."
- Prince of Egypt -" O.S.T."
- Bono (w/Kirk Franklin) "Lean On Me"
- Nu Nation Project
- Jackie McCullough "This is for You, Lord"
- The Roots w/Erykah Badu "You Got Me" (Single)
- R. Kelly
- MC Breed Let's "Go To the Club"
- Modest Mouse Float on/Bukowski
- Erykah Badu
Musically, Congleton is best known for being a founding member of the band The Paper Chase, an alternative rock band formed in Dallas, TX in 1998. The band was signed to Kill Rock Stars and Southern Records. Their albums "God Bless Your Black Heart" and "Now You Are One Of Us" have been released on vinyl by the Austrian label Trost Records.  Congleton produced all the band's material to date. He also wrote all of the material, with a few exceptions: Bobby Weaver co-wrote "A Face That Could Launch a Thousand Ships" and "Off with Their Heads" from the album Young Bodies Heal Quickly, You Know. Mike Sanger co-wrote "Throw Your Body on the Apparatus", and Elliot Figg co-wrote "When You Least Expect It," both from the aforementioned album. Since the dissolution of The Paper Chase, he has formed The Nighty Nite with former Paper Chase bandmate Jason Garner.
- David Byrne - Love This Giant
- St. Vincent - Strange Mercy, St. Vincent, & Actor
- Budapest One - This Town Just Gave You a Dreamer
- Thumbsucker Soundtrack
- Angel Olsen "Burn Your Fire For No Witness"
- Swans "To Be Kind"
- The New Transit Direction - Wonderful Defense Mechanisms
- Micah P Hinson "Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra"
- "John Congleton - Biography, Albums, & Streaming Radio - AllMusic".
- "John Congleton".
- "Hold/Still, by Suuns".
- "Bad Kids Go to Hell". 7 December 2012 – via IMDb.