Sturgis Municipal Airport (South Dakota)
Sturgis Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Sturgis|
|Serves||Sturgis, South Dakota|
|Elevation AMSL||3,243 ft / 988 m|
Sturgis Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 49B) is a city-owned public-use airport located 4 nautical miles (7.4 km) east of the central business district of Sturgis, a city in Meade County, South Dakota, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Sturgis Municipal Airport covers an area of 275 acres (111 ha) at an elevation of 3,243 feet (988 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 11/29 with a concrete surface measuring 5,100 by 75 feet (1,554 m × 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 13, 2016, the airport had 36,000 aircraft operations, an average of 99 per day: 99 percent general aviation and 2 percent air taxi. At that time there were 46 aircraft based at this airport: 92 percent single-engine and 8 percent multi-engine.
- Air Repair, Inc Aircraft Maintenance
- Sturgis (49B) at South Dakota DOT Airport Directory
- C & B Aviation, LLC, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of 12 June 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 49B, effective July 18, 2019
- Resources for this airport: