Sunrise Radio (Yorkshire)
|First air date||9 December 1989|
|Owner||Bradford City Radio Ltd and Sunrise Radio Group|
The station broadcasts 24 hours a day on 103.2 FM across Bradford & surrounding areas and on DAB to Bradford, Huddersfield, Keighley, Glasgow and Manchester. A feed is also available worldwide via the station's website. The station is also the first Asian radio station to link up with another station in another country; it partners with Sunrise FM in Pakistan to broadcast a daily show there.
Broadcasting mainly to the region's ethnic minority communities, Bradford City Radio Ltd trading as SUNRISE RADIO (Yorkshire) was formally launched on 9 December 1989.
- 103.2 FM – Bradford and surrounding areas
- Digital Radio – West Yorkshire, Manchester and Glasgow
- Online – via Sunrise FM website and other external radio sites
- Mobile / Tablet – via Sunrise Radio FM smartphone app and other radio apps.
- TV - via Apple TV
Sunrise Radio works closely with local charities and voluntary groups and provides regular "what's on" information. The station also has regular news bulletins through the day and has "News in-focus" at 5 pm, a 15-minute in-depth report. The music policy consists of "Bollywood", "Lollywood", "Bhangra", "Asian Pop", "Qawalis" and "Ghazals".
The studios are based in Bradford City Centre and the mix of programming aims to take into account the areas diverse population, something that no other radio station in the region has previously attempted.
Sunrise Radio was named "Ethnic Media of the Year" in both 2001 and 2002 and was awarded title "Media of the Year" in 2004.
- Sunrise Radio a finalist in the "Best in Creative Industries" category at the British Indian Awards
- Sunrise Radio - Winner of "Regional Radio Station of the Year" Award at Asian Media Awards 2016
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|