Superior (RTA Rapid Transit station)
|rapid transit station|
|Location||13113 Superior Avenue
East Cleveland, Ohio 44112
|Owned by||Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||March 15, 1955|
Superior is a station on the RTA Red Line in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. It is located on Superior Avenue (U.S. Route 6) at the intersection of Emily Street, approximately 1½ blocks west of Euclid Avenue (U.S. Route 20). A small parking lot is located northeast of the station entrance along Emily Street.
Notable places nearby
- Euclid-Superior Shopping District
- Forest Hill Park
The station opened along with CTS Rapid Transit on March 15, 1955. It was located across Superior Avenue from the East Cleveland railroad station that served the Nickel Plate and New York Central railroads. The railroad station was constructed in 1929 as part of the Cleveland Union Terminal project, replacing a station located 1 mile southwest at Euclid and East 120th Street. East Cleveland railroad station was abandoned in the 1960s.
The station was completely rehabilitated as part of an RTA renovation program that began in the late 1990s. The $5 million rehabilitation was completed in September 1996.
- 2007 Park-and-Ride Inventory/Survey, NOACA 2006 Transit Network Guide, June 2007, p. 29.
- Exner, Rich (March 14, 2005). "Red Line rapid marks 50 years in service". The Plain Dealer. p. A1. Retrieved 2007-06-02.
- "About RTA: History of Public Transit in Greater Cleveland". RTA Website. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- Superior Rapid Transit Station page from RTA Website
- Media related to Superior (RTA Rapid Transit station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Superior Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View