|K. Swamy Goud|
Swamy at the US as of October 2015
|Born||5 July 1954|
|Occupation||Telangana Legislative Council Chairman, TRS|
|Known for||Telangana activism|
Kanakamamidi Swamy Goud (born 5 July 1954) is an Indian political activist and former President of TNGO, an employee union in Telangana. He is convener of Telangana Joint Action Committee. He is a member of TRS politburo.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader K Swamy Goud won the legislative council seat from Karimnagar graduate constituency that went to polls with other five seats on 21 February[when?]. Goud polled 33,000 first preferential votes to win the Karimnagar graduates' seat.
He worked with Andhra Pradesh Government for over 30 years. He was an active member of the trade union.
He started his career as an Attender.
He was a big activist for Telangana statehood and has actively participated in all the agitations. He was one of the prominent people behind employees strike for Telangana called as Sakala Janula Samme. He retired from government service on 31 July 2012.
He joined the political party Telangana Rashtra Samithi in November 2012 and was made its Politburo member. He was elected as an MLC from Karimnagar by securing 92.68% beating previous record of 85% by Atal Behari Vajpayee.
- "K Swamy Goud MLC Profile". 5 July 2016.
- B. Chandrashekhar (2012-10-22). "States / Andhra Pradesh : Naidu's padayatra enters 'T' sans opposition". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- BV Shiva Shankar, TNN 9 Nov 2012, 06.19PM IST (2012-11-09). "Eying monopoly on Telangana, KCR vetoes; T-JAC meeting postponed - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Telangana Non-Gazetted Officers Association president
- TNN 11 Feb 2012, 01.41AM IST (2012-02-11). "Telangana NGOs sound strike threat - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Business Standard. "Swamy Goud joins TRS". Business Standard. Retrieved 2012-11-16.