|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Rajendranagar had a population of 143,184. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Rajendranagar has an average literacy rate of 55%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 62%, and female literacy is 48%. In Rajendranagar, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Some of the prominent establishments located in Rajendranagar include:
- P.V. Narasimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University (PVNRTVU)
- Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University
- Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU)
- National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD)
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM,ICAR)
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)
There are 14 panchayats in Rajendranagar mandal.
- Bandlaguda Jagir (village and panchayat)
- Gandipet (village and panchayat)
- Himayat Sagar (village and panchayat)
- Hydershakote (village and panchayat)
- Khanapur (village and panchayat)
- Kismatpur (village and panchayat)
- Kokapet (village and panchayat)
- Manchirevula (village and panchayat)
- Manikonda (village and panchayat)
- Narsingi (village and panchayat)
- Neknampur (village and panchayat)
- Peeram Cheruvu (village and panchayat)
- Puppalguda (village and panchayat)
- Vattinagulapally (village and panchayat)
- Rajendranagar (village and Municipal Council)
- "Rangareddy district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Government of Telangana. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 November 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Home Page". Sri P.V. Narasimha rao Telangana Veterimary University. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- NIRD Homepage
- NAARM Homepage
- MANAGE Homepage
- Details of Telangana till Village Panchayat Tier