Swati Singh (politician)
|Minister of State (Ind. Charge) to the Government of Uttar Pradesh |
Assumed office |
19 March 2017
|Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh|
Assumed office |
18 March 2017
|Preceded by||Sharda Pratap Shukla|
1 August 1978|
Bokaro Steel City, Jharkhand, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Daya Shankar Singh (m. 2001)|
|Children||One Son, One Daughter|
|Alma mater||LLM:2007--University of Lucknow|
Swati Singh is an Indian politician and Minister of State (Independent Charge) for NRI, Flood Control, Agriculture export, Agriculture Marketing, Agriculture Foreign Trade and state minister in the Ministry of Women Welfare, Family Welfare, Maternity and Child Welfare in the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
She came in an active field of politics after her husband got expelled from the post of vice-president of Bhartiya Janta Party and party both for six years after a comment on BSP Chief Mayawati in a public meeting in September 2016. On 12 March 2017, the BJP revoked her husband's expulsion.
- 2017:She elected as Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh from Sarojani Nagar, Lucknow (Vidhan Sabha constituency)]] as a Bharatiya Janta Party candidate. She got 108506 votes in this election.
- She became Minister of State (free charge) in the cabinet of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
She was appointed to the ministries of NRI, Flood control, Agriculture Marketing and Export, Women Welfare, Maternal and child welfare.
- "दो नायब व 22 कैबिनेट मंत्रियों के साथ योगी ने ली यूपी के मुख्यमंत्री पद की शपथ". jagran.com.
- ADR,. "Swati Singh(Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP)):Constituency- SAROJINI NAGAR(LUCKNOW) – Affidavit Information of Candidate:". myneta.info.
- "BJP revokes expulsion of newly-elected MLA Swati Singh's husband – Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "CM Yogi Adityanath keeps home, revenue: UP portfolio allocation highlights", Hindustan Times, 22 March 2017