From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Symphyses)
Diagrammatic section of a symphysis.
- A symphysis is an amphiarthrosis, a slightly movable joint.
- A growing together of parts or structures
The more prominent symphyses are:
- the pubic symphysis
- sacrococcygeal symphysis
- intervertebral disc between two vertebrae
- in the sternum, between the manubrium and body
- "Module - Introduction to Joints". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
|This human musculoskeletal system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|