|Born||July 29, 1991|
Yonago, Tottori Prefecture
|Other names||Natural Born Crusher|
|Height||168 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||57.5 kg (127 lb; 9.05 st)|
|Fighting out of||Japan|
Takeru started to train karate in his childhood. He was inspired by K-1 kickboxers, transitioning to kickboxing in high school.
He is considered a star of the Japanese kickboxing scene due to his highly aggressive fighting style, always looking for the knockout.
As of 1 November 2018, he is ranked the #1 bantamweight in the world by Combat Press.
Tenshin Nasukawa has been calling out Segawa since June 8, 2015. But due to contractual obligations, both fighters were not able to meet in the ring. At that time, K-1 and RISE were in a "Kickboxing Cold War" since 2010.
On August 5, 2015, Segawa told the media that he is interested in fighting Nasukawa if K-1 can organize it. K-1 Japan group producer, Mitsuru Miyata, demanded that Nasukawa sign an exclusive contract with K-1 to be able to make the fight happen. Nasukawa's trainer and RISE president, Takashi Ito, told combat sports magazine Fight & Life, that he will agree to let Nasukawa fight in a K-1 event but he's not willing to give up Nasukawa to an exclusive contract with K-1.
In 2015, K-1 officially made a partnership with the new MMA promotion, Rizin Fighting Federation. Rizin president, Nobuyuki Sakakibara, announced that Rizin is willing to make partnerships with every fighting organization so RISE began to work with Rizin as well. This deal made it more possible for a Segawa–Nasukawa matchup.
On November 21, 2015, Segawa made his first defense of his K-1 -55kg world title against Charles Bongiovanni, he won the fight by TKO. After the match, during the in-ring interview, Segawa announced his desire to fight in Rizin, 2 weeks after Nasukawa announced the same. When Segawa returned backstage, Nasukawa approached him and demanded the fight. The fight can happen in Rizin even with the RISE and K-1 cold war. During the press conference, Segawa mentioned that he did not recognize Nasukawa and could not understand what he was saying due to the crowd noise and thought he was just a fan. Segawa confirmed that he is willing to accept the fight if offered. After the event, Nasukawa tweeted that Segawa agreed to fight him on New Year's Eve.
On December 8, 2015, Rizin announced a fight between Segawa and Chinese fighter, Yang Ming, for their New Year's Eve event. At the press conference, Rizin president, Sakakibara, acknowledged requests to make a Segawa vs. Nssukawa fight, however, he said there wasn't enough time to promote the fight and promised to try to make it happen in 2016.
In 2016, Nasukawa signed with Rizin to fight on a December event. However, K-1 suddenly ended their partnership with Rizin. K-1 have tried to avoid any mention of the fight.
On June 18, 2017, after Segawa knocked out Buvaisar Paskhaev, K-1 commentator, Masato, expressed his desire to see Segawa fight Nasukawa but the 2 other commentators ignored his comments. 2 days later, K-1's official YouTube channel uploaded the full fight video of Segawa and Paskhaev but a few hours later it was deleted and re-uploaded without Masato's comments.
On August 29, 2017 Rizin executive Nobuhiko Takada said on twitter "Two of the biggest superstars of kickboxing, Takeru vs Tenshin Nasukawa should be made right now! If this super-fight will not happen due to the (sic) cold war, it is heinous crime! Let's make this! Make miracle!" A few hours later a K-1 broadcaster trolled Takada on twitter. A few days later, Takada apologized and promised to never talk about a fighter from another organization ever again and deleted every tweet he had about Nasukawa vs Segawa.
On December 31, 2017, Nasukawa won Rizin's Kickboxing -57kg tournament. In an attempt to quash the cold war and influence K-1 and RISE to make the Segawa fight, Nasukawa made sure the show was being broadcast live so Rizin was not be able to cut any of his comments. Post-fight, in the ring, Nasukawa engaged the crowd by asking who they want him to fight next and the crowd screamed Segawa's name. In February 2018, M-1 Sports Media, which operates K-1, filed a lawsuit against Tenshin, his father Hiroyuki, RISE president Takashi Ito and Rizin president Sakakibara. According to the lawsuit, it all started three years ago when Nasukawa called out Segawa to fight. More recently during Rizin's New Year's Eve event when Nasukawa asked the audience who they want him to fight next. They claim that it's an unfair business practice to involve another fighter's name from a different organization.
On March 16, 2018, RISE president Takashi Ito, former K-1 fighter Hiroya and his lawyer, accused K-1 Japan Group's exclusive contract, illegal based on the competition law. Hiroya's lawyer told the media, that the way K-1's contract work makes you not fight for a year for your contract to expire. Every fight you make with the organization, extends your contract for another year from your last fight and the only way to get out of the contract is not get paid for a year. Hiroya cites this as the reason why Segawa could not fight Nasukawa as he knows Segawa as a friend and will not back down to a fight.
Titles and accomplishments
- 2018 K-1 World GP -60kg World Tournament Champion
- 2016 K-1 World GP -57.5kg World Tournament Champion
- 2015 K-1 World GP -55kg World Tournament Champion
- 2013 Krush -58kg Tournament Champion (first; 3 Defenses)
- 2018 Male Fighter of the Year
Professional kickboxing record
|Professional Kickboxing Record|
36 Wins (21 (T)KO's), 1 Losses, 0 Draw, 0 No Contest
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "TAKERU". rizinff.com. 2015. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "2016 kickboxing preview: A look ahead to the year's biggest stories for Glory and more". Fraser Coffeen.com. 2016-01-11. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Combat Press Kickboxing Rankings: November 2018". combatpress.com.
- "-55kgトーナメントに宮元啓介、那須川天心ら参戦：8.1 大田". Yoshinori Ihara. 2015-06-08. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "-武尊、58kg王座返上。那須川天心戦は「K-1で組まれるならいつでもやる」". Yoshinori Ihara. 2015-08-05. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "【K-1】那須川天心が武尊に大みそか対戦直訴". e-fight.
- "武尊選手とグローブを合わせました。大晦日でやろうと。俺はその言葉信じます。". Tenshin Nasukawa. 2015-11-21. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- "【RIZIN】武尊とHIROYAが参戦「武尊vs那須川実現させたい」". e-fight. 2015-12-08. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "那須川天心×武尊のスーパーマッチは実現困難？ 専門家が語る「対戦したら７：３で…○○が勝つ！」". Marimo Natsu. 2017-09-21. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "【RIZIN】那須川天心「もっと大きな会場で試合できる」＝12.31「RIZIN」一夜明け会見". GONG KAKUTOGI. 2018-01-01. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "「那須川天心」挑戦状に"損害賠償請求" K-1オーナーの噛みつき作戦". Weekly Shincho. 2018-06-07. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "【TRY HARD GYM】HIROYA代表代行が会見「大雅がRIZINで試合をしていないので契約違反はしていない。どんな団体でもオファーをいただければ出て行きたい」". GONG KAKUTOGI. 2018-03-17. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "K-1 Japan K'FESTA.01 Results: Takeru is the King of the World". Dave Walsh. 2018-03-21. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "K-1 World GP in Japan Featherweight Championship Tournament Results". Zach Aittama. 2016-11-02. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- Rob Tatum. "Takeru is Combat Press 2019 Male Fighter of the Year". CombatPress.com. Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- "【OFFICIAL】小宮山工介 vs 武尊【K-1 WORLD GP 第4代スーパー・フェザー級王座決定トーナメント・決勝戦】2018.3.21 K'FESTA.1". K-1/Krush/KHAOS【official】YouTube channel. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "【OFFICIAL】《王者》武尊 vs《挑戦者》ワン・ジュングァン【K-1 WORLD GP フェザー級タイトルマッチ】2017.9.18 K-1 WORLD GP 2017 JAPAN". K-1/Krush/KHAOS?official?YouTube channel. 2017-09-19. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "?OFFICIAL?2016.11.3 ????vs?? ?????????????????·???". K-1/Krush/KHAOS?official?YouTube channel. 2017-01-21. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "K-1 Takeru vs yun qi". mk?????. 2016-11-11. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "KRUSH.68 Results: Ozawa Defends, Noiri Stops Pengfei". Zach Aittama. 2016-08-20. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "K-1 World Grand Prix -65kg Tournament Tokyo: Results". Roy. 2016-06-24. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 'IZA' Results: Emelianenko Batters Singh, Lawal Captures Tournament". Combat Press. 2015-12-31. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "【OFFICIAL】2015.11.21 武尊vsチャールズ・ボンジョバーニ／K-1 WORLD GP -55kgタイトルマッチ／TAKERU vs Charles Bongiovanni". K-1/Krush/KHAOS【official】YouTube channel. 2015-12-13. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "K-1 World Grand Prix 70 kg Tokyo: Results". Roy. 2015-07-05. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "??vs?? K-1 WORLD GP -55kg????????????·??? Taiga vs Takeru". K-1/Krush/KHAOS?official?YouTube channel. 2015-04-30. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "????vs?? K-1 WORLD GP -55kg????????????·???(1)/Takiya Shota vs Takeru". K-1/Krush/KHAOS?official?YouTube channel. 2015-04-30. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Krush 51 February 6th, 2015 Results !". Milan. 2015-02-07. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Taiga vs Takeru?K-1 -55kg Fight?". K-1/Krush/KHAOS?official?YouTube channel. 2014-11-23. Retrieved 2017-10-17.