|WikiProject France / Paris||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Dear Olivier, Thanks for cleaning up after me, I'm not much good at writing encyclopedia articles; I use the place simply as stated, "share your knowledge." The trouble is, in French it's not the custom to put accents on capital letters, even if they should exist. If you care to come to Evry one day you'll find everything is spelt with an E ordinary, no accent, even at the town hall.
Seeing as you're an expert in Wikipedia, if you'd like to do me a real good service, please contact me at my e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks in advance, Ragnar D'Arcy.
PS. What's your interest in Evry? I've lived here for the past 20 years.
- My answer on your talk page. olivier 15:13, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply but you've got to believe me, I'm not "misguided" when it comes to Evry. My son will be standing at the next municipal elections, we've got access to just about all there is to know about the town.
Some of the experts here make me laugh. On a different page some Welshman has deleted the word "venerated" which I used; he says it is not in common parlance. Not bad coming from a sheepshagger. I'd like to hear how he speaks English. On second thoughts, he might be right when you consider the main qualification to obtain A' levels today is simply to sign on for the exam. (I passed mine in 1964). Evidently half the candidates are incapable of signing their name on the entry form.
Dear Hardouin, I don't know why you insist so much about the population of Evry, as I said, I live here and probably know more about the town than you ever will. Personally, if you care to take a look at my talk page you'll see why I was sick of the site from the beginning. In any case, regarding the town hall here, when the decision was made to renovate the town the PACT-ARIM combed the entire town to see how many, and, who, qualified for grants. Every single household was examined! The dossiers were transmitted to the town hall. There are exceptions to every rule and don't forget, France lost two world wars thanks to the mentality of sticking to the "consignes." Unbelievable but in this country even the president's signature is worthless unless it has a rubber stamp beside it.
- Dear anonymous contributor from Évry, please leave the INSEE estimate and stop replacing it with the figure you find on the Évry website. The city hall website is using an outdated figure from before the 2004 and 2005 census campaigns. The INSEE estimate (as of July 1, 2004) was released in January 2006, it is the most up-to-date, and it supercedes all other estimates. Hardouin 23:05, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
Hey! Please relax: no big deal! Maybe the alternate figure could be mentioned with some explanation at the bottom of the page. olivier 09:56, 11 March 2006 (UTC)
11.03.06 It's a shame how the French get worked up over small things. If you lock four Frenchmen in a room for a year you'll finish up with five political parties. If it's important to you personally, keep the population statistics and the dash between Evry-Courcouronnes; I'm only reporting what I see every day. By the way, seeing how the nuclear cloud officially didn't exist in France until all the thyroid and diabetic cases started coming forward, and seeing how mad cow officially wasn't dangerous to humans in France before people started going down with it; what do you think about chicken flu which, officially isn't dangerous with the exception that with mad cow, we had pictures of Chirac and the agricultural minister tucking into Big McMad's and steaks, while with chicken flu they seem to be a bit more cautious. à bientôt, D'arcy.
- D'arcy, if you want to rant about how bad the French are, there are probably some dedicated forums for that (perhaps on foxnews.com?), but Wikipedia is not the proper place for your expression of aversion for all things French. Hardouin 13:23, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
- Cher ami, how typically French; you can discuss what you like on the discussion page so long as you agree with them. Not only did they loose two world wars, they've never won a war in their entire history. I wonder why?
D'Arcy's got a very valid point on French people's ability to compromise but I agree with Hardouin that there is a place to make such statements - not on Wikipedia's Talk page about (what was it?) the city of Evry. Thanks. Martin (French) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:04, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
File:La Grande Mosque Evry.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:La Grande Mosque Evry.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Deletion requests June 2011
|A discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Évry, Essonne. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060206140758/http://www.mairie-evry.fr/ to http://www.mairie-evry.fr/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.