Talk:12th/16th Hunter River Lancers
|WikiProject Australia / Military history||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I have assessed this article as a Start class article as I believe that it fails B class criteria 1 and 2. I believe that it could be improved by addressing the following issues:
- Referencing: for a successful B class review, an article requires at least one in line citation per paragraph (more if multiple sources are used);
- Coverage: the article could be improved by including more detail, specifically a list of battle honours that the Regiment holds and current structure;
- Supporting materials: the article could be improved by the addition of an image, or perhaps a unit colour patch. Done
Just a couple of ideas. If you would like more in depth comments, please consider submitting the article for peer review. This can be done by going to WP:MHPR. When you feel it is ready for re-assessment, please add it to the list at WP:MHA. Hope this helps. AustralianRupert (talk) 11:40, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Can anyone help confirm the battle honours of this regiment?
From the text I assume that they have the following:
- Boer War: South Africa 1899–1902;
- World War I: Damascus 1918, Suvla, Sari Bair, Gallipoli 1915–1916, Romani, Egypt 1915–1917, Gaza–Beersheba, El Mughar, Nebi Samwill, Jerusalem, Jordan (Es Salt), Megiddo, Sharon, Palestine 1917–1918. (12th Light Horse Regiment - see )
But what battle honours did the 16th have? The article says that they received battle honours from the Middle East campaign but does not specify exactly which ones. I think that the regiment guidon only carries a couple (maybe four or five) but only have this photo to go by and its quality is so bad that it is impossible to read.
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!