Talk:1996–97 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season
|WikiProject Tropical cyclones / Season||(Rated A-class, Mid-importance)|
|1996–97 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season has been listed as one of the Natural sciences good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.
Review: January 21, 2014. ( ).
|A fact from 1996–97 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 7 February 2014 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
- M1 - Named Rhonda by BoM - MFR ATCR Pg 68
- M2 - Tropical Depression - MFR ATCR Pg 68 onwards
- This review is transcluded from Talk:1996–97 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- "There were 12 named storms, beginning with Antoinette and proceeding sequentially until Lisette. " link to Lisette's article? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "The first named storm, Antoinette, was the first of several to originate in the neighboring Australian basin, or east of 90º E; the subsequent two named storms both formed in the Australian region from the intertropical convergence zone. " The from the ITCZ part is kinda weird, and Im not sure if its needed for the lead. Do you mind canning it? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "After reaching peak 10–minute winds of 185 km/h (115 mph)" for a lead, is this needed? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "There was a total of 100 days on which disturbances, depressions, storms, or cyclones were active, compared to the average of 68." did this set any records or come close to any (i.e. largest since XXXX). YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "Despite the long season, there was minimal activity from March to May, despite that time period usually representing about 25% of total activity. " "despite that time" sounds bad. Revise this to "even though this time period usually represented"
- "A tropical low formed on" what's "a tropical low"? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "Meanwhile, the JTWC estimated peak 1–minute winds of 230 km/h (145 mph)." move this sentence to the one after you mention how rare it was to be an ITC. YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "(115 mph 10–minute) and 220 km/h (140 mph 1–minute)" why is it the 10/1 min thing small letters here but not anything else? :P YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "Gretelle made landfall on southeastern Madagascar near Farafangana, the first cyclone to hit the region in 41 years. " add a "becoming" before "the". YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "with 152 confirmed fatalities by twp weeks after the storm, " "twp" when did you turn into YE? :P YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "Due to a powerful ridge near Île Amsterdam" is that on Jupiter? link please? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- ". Late on January 24, the system developed into a tropical depression, by which time Mauritius Meteorological Service" according to TAM here, it is "Mauritius Meteorological Services". Also, add a "the" after "time". YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- When researching Lisette, I noticed that Josie affected Mozambique. Why isn't this mentioned? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not actually sure I buy that. I didn't see any sources of Josie affecting Mozambique while the storm was active, only from Lisette looking back. 04:01, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- "the JTWC and MFR estimated respective peak intensities of 85 km/h (50 mph 1–minute sustained) and 55 km/h (35 mph 10–minute sustained)" why the small font for the 10 min/1 min bit? You don't do anywhere else sans here and Grettle's section? YE Pacific Hurricane 03:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on 1996–97 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080811021537/http://www.em-dat.net/ to http://www.em-dat.net/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.