|WikiProject UK geography||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Highways / United Kingdom||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Please leave the section - 'Popular Culture' alone. It has relavance to the road and it's local importance to the people who actually live there! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lanesra68 (talk • contribs) 14:36, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- There is no indication that the band are notable by Wikipedia's criteria. Just because they recorded a song about something, it doesn't mean they must be mentioned in the article. ... discospinster talk 14:39, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
The fact that the song was recorded ABOUT the road is notable. This site is about facts not opinions. The article does not make any judgement about the song or if it is any good just that it exists so it is not against any wikipedia editing rules. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lanesra68 (talk • contribs) 14:43, 3 July 2014 (UTC) To quote the notability rules : "Determining notability does not necessarily depend on things such as fame, importance, or popularity" — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lanesra68 (talk • contribs) 14:45, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- Wikipedia has criteria about what should and shouldn't be in an article. The fact that something exists is not sufficient. Please look at WP:Wikipedia is not a directory. ... discospinster talk 14:54, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
These are just your opinions - this was not an entire page of its own, just a section on a page about a road. If you actually watched the video it contained images from the entire route. In the same way, if there was a page about a film that had a soundtrack released on CD would you remove that? The CD 'exists' but it is not the 'film' - why wouldn't that be removed under the same vague reasoning? This is one small section of a rarely visited page so I am not going to be as petty and this has wasted enough of my time. There are obviously people out there with much more time to waste!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lanesra68 (talk • contribs) 15:00, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- Until the song gets enough third part media coverage to verify that it is notable it doesn't have a place here - and that's before we get to the issue associated with promotional links and links to You Tube videos.
- If you can show it's notable then do so and we'll look at it. Until you can do that it looks awfully like vanity to me. Sorry and all. Blue Square Thing (talk) 21:12, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
The song is nothing to do with me so don't accuse anyone of vanity (your opinion, no place for it on wikipedia) - stick to the facts in future! There are so many pages on here that could be removed based on what people have written about this little article, virtually unheard of films, tv shows and bands. The mere prescence of a band, film or tv show could be accused of promoting them. There was no recommendation, review or anything else similar associated with the article, just the fact that it existed. So silly and petty
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on A146 road. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151118234749/http://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/maps/X2_Map.pdf to http://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/maps/X2_Map.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.